Foods You Hate | Golden Skate

Foods You Hate

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Given the culinary bent that many posters have displayed (what with the pizza thread and many of the "food tangents" that end up on This or That?), today's Offhand Weird Random Survey List Question is:

WHAT FOODS CAN'T YOU STAND??

My list (and, as usual, like with all similar threads of these that I start, I'm sure I'll come up with more):

CANTALOUPE. Can't stand it. Don't know why, but to me it tastes like wall paint.

FRENCH CUT GREEN BEANS. The problem here is not the green beans, it's the "French cut" deal. To me, I feel like I am about to swallow a large amount of wet fingernail clippings and I absolutely gag. It's the texture.

RED WINE. Totally allergic to it or something, but have NEVER been able to handle even one sip, and I'll spare y'all the details beyond that.

CHICKEN LIVERS. I know, it's a cliche, but eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuw!!! Sludgy texture does not help. I did have some calves liver one time years ago that wasn't TOO bad (a lot of ketchup helped), but nothing can redeem chicken livers.

RELISH. Whose idea WAS this???? Completely nasty stuff.

PINE NUTS. Too waxy, like gnawing on crayons.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm incredibly picky... but I can't stand sea food, and yes I realize I'm in the wrong state to be saying that... but I can't stand halibut, salmon... any of that stuff... I used to love it, but now I just can't eat it lol

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Liver of any kind - even disguised.
Cooked spinage - why ruin perfectly good veg.
Large pieces of mushrooms, If i don't bite, I like - same texture thing.
Scallops.
Oysters.
All types of fish eggs, I don't care what you call them they're gross:p
Fake crab.
Tripe - fine as a slight flavor but I don't want to see it or feel it in my mouth.
I like pretty much everything but those.

Sofia Alexandra

Rinkside
Any kind of mushroom, clams and oysters, falu sausage (can eat it, but I'd rather not), ruccola salad (it's a weed, damnit!), most cooked or fried or baked fruit and vegetables (including any kind of fruit pie)...

janetb

Rinkside
I have always hated carrots ever since I I started eating solid food. Their evil.

Dennis, do you get those things offered to you often? :rofl:

I hate fried, boiled, and poached eggs.

I'm a vegetarian so no comment on meats, but I hate most fake "meats" (tofurkey etc) and any soybean dish that is not thoroughly disguised.

Sauerkraut and sweet potatores are also turnoffs and whatever those chopped boiled greens were that they used to serve in school lunches all the time... yecch.

guinevere

Final Flight
There are a lot of meat products I won't eat - like everything Dennis mentioned (I needs FSU's :yikes: icon) - but I won't bother listing stuff I'm unlikely to come across. I really dislike:

CELERY. In anything. The flavor is so unique, and so pronounced, that the tiniest smidge in a recipe will ruin the dish.

Red Onions: I've finally learned to appreciate yellow onions while cooking, but red onions are practically on the same level as celery, as far as I'm concerned.

Nuts in brownies, cookies, cake (any baked goods), or ice cream. I like most nuts. I love baked goods and ice cream. I hate them together. I also don't care for chunky peanut butter, but I can deal with it if necessary.

Green Peppers: Never developed a taste for them. I also only like red peppers when they're roasted, or in sauces/pastes.

Lobster: I love most seafood, and my issue with lobster isn't really the taste. I really think my problem is that I hated watching my family have lobster races and then toss the contestants in the pot afterwards when I was a kid. It seems like the winner at least should have gotten a reprieve.

Miracle Whip. Pure evil. Especially when it's served under the name of "mayonnaise". It's. Not. the. Same.

I never understood relish or sauerkraut, either.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
(I needs FSU's :yikes: icon) - but I won't bother listing stuff I'm unlikely to come across.
:eek:
GS's is better:p ;)

I hate nuts in sandwich bread.

Lynn226

On the Ice
Cole slaw.

I've hated it since elementary school. The teachers told us that we had to eat everything on our plate and I did until cole slaw was served. I tried to get away with it, but the teacher caught me. I told her that it would make me sick (previous experience). She didn't believe me and made me eat it. Several minutes later I vomited.:biggrin: :biggrin:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Fruit on my chocolate dessert. I mean, really, why ruin my lovely chocolate cake by putting something healthy near it? If I wanted a healthy dessert, I would've ordered the fruit cup. But I didn't. I ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate, dammit, because I wanted CHOCOLATE. :)

lash

Spectator
ITA agree PL. I also hate fruit flavored chocolate. Chocolate raspberry has to be the worst. Chocolate orange is pretty bad too. Now candied ginger in chocolate I love.

jen_faith

Rinkside
Bwaahh... you go girl! Although I am partial to fruit and chocolate, there is nothing like a mass of chocolate sitting on your plate...oozing chocolatey goodness..

Coleslaw: hate it.
Riz de veaux/sweetbreads: beyond vile
Blood sausage: 'nuff said

PrincessLeppard said:
Fruit on my chocolate dessert. I mean, really, why ruin my lovely chocolate cake by putting something healthy near it? If I wanted a healthy dessert, I would've ordered the fruit cup. But I didn't. I ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate, dammit, because I wanted CHOCOLATE. :)

jen_faith

Rinkside
lash said:
I also hate fruit flavored chocolate. Chocolate raspberry has to be the worst. Chocolate orange is pretty bad too. Now candied ginger in chocolate I love.

You are a tasteless cretin :p , chocolate and rasberry are an orgasmic combination.

That being said, I repeat that chocolate in and of and by itself is lovely.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
eggs except hard boiled whites

oatmeal........slimy gross paste with texture....screw the health benefits

soggy anything...............piecrusts, cereal yuk,yuk,yuk

cooked spinach.......I'm with Sean here love it raw hate it cooked

baked potatoes that are not hot out of the oven.....after a few minutes they taste funky

tea of any kind...........I have tried, I love the idea of having tea, heck I live in the almost South, can barely stomach a cup of Constant Comment hot but that's as far as this gal goes, and as for herbal teas.......grass clippings flavored with bad koolaid

oysters, mussels........those who love them do know what that black stuff is don't you??????

surimi (fake shellfish)..........taste like poached rubberbands

milk that isn't either hot or on ice....nothing in between

softdrinks that aren't REALLY sparkly

lettuce on hot sandwiches

peanut butter & jelly together.......why

fake cheese......velveeta, nacho sauce whatever you call it...... just say NO

crawfish........sorry to all you cajun chefs but once you have disected something that has been "marinated' in formaldehyde it just doesn't make it's way back to the menu

meatloaf or casseroles where the ingrediants are not very obvious......one person's daily special is another's offering to the disposal, IMO

anything overcooked

brains, tripe, tonque, snails, and any other just plain strange stuff from any culture......snake blood, monkey brains, insects, eel, fish heads, snake, rodent, catfish, carp, pigeon, dove, goat, sheeps eyeballs, alligator, you get the idea

other that that I'm up for anything:biggrin:

Last edited: