Thread: Andrea Yates found NOT GUILTY!

Hybrid View

Andrea Yates found NOT GUILTY!

......by reason of insanity. Thank goodness the last thing this already troubled woman needed was to be murdered by the state of Texas. I wonder what Tom Cruise thinks about this?

I pray that she will get the help she needs and maybe someday have a chance for a life again.

I agree. If someone (e.g. her husband) had only seen the signs that she was spiralling into such an abyss and basically losing her mind, maybe those precious kids could have been saved... and Andrea as well. I can't even begin to imagine the hell she lives in daily.

I believe that there are many other women rotting in jail in similar (although perhaps not as grisly) situations whose severe post partem depression was not caught/diagnosed.

I really see such an obvious difference between this poor woman and say, Susan Smith, the evil witch who killed her 2 kids by strapping them into their car seats then driving the car into the water. That woman needs to rot in hell.

Down With It
    you're kidding. Wow...when it happened we lived just about 5 min. away from her house!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    I really see such an obvious difference between this poor woman and say, Susan Smith, the evil witch who killed her 2 kids by strapping them into their car seats then driving the car into the water. That woman needs to rot in hell.
    In a nutshell, what's the diff? I do remember SS trying to pin it on a black man. That stank, but I vaguely remember thinking she was also mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver
    In a nutshell, what's the diff? I do remember SS trying to pin it on a black man. That stank, but I vaguely remember thinking she was also mentally ill.
    Oh, there is a world of difference. As you said, Smith did hat she did, and then tried to hide it. That showed the presence of mind, the knowledge that what she did was wrong, etc. Yeats did none of those things. Also, she exhibited signs of mental illness before; as I recall, her mother-in-law even stayed visiting longer than planned because she didn't want to leave Andrea alone. Of course, noone ever thinks that their loved ones are capable of what Yeats ultimately did. Back when Yeats was convicted, I remember thinking that if this woman is deemed sane, than why do we have statutes about this at all!

IMO, anyone who kills someone else is either "mentally ill" or it is an "act of self defense" - only one of those things I would agree with. EOS

Sean I wrestle with that too. I mean in order to take the life of someone else you have to be mentally ill unless like you say it is an act of self defense. But then you hear of people who kill to eliminate a witness to their crime or during the course of a robbery or drug deal. To people who think "normally" there still has to be something mentally wrong with people who do those things. What is the criteria for deciding between mental illness and evil? This is why I am soooooooooo against the death penalty. I don't think you can ever be sure in some of these cases. I would much rather keep someone in prison than be guilty of state supported murder.

(the can is open slither out little worms)