Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Foods You Hate

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....

Foods You Hate

Given the culinary bent that many posters have displayed (what with the pizza thread and many of the "food tangents" that end up on This or That?), today's Offhand Weird Random Survey List Question is:

WHAT FOODS CAN'T YOU STAND??

My list (and, as usual, like with all similar threads of these that I start, I'm sure I'll come up with more):

CANTALOUPE. Can't stand it. Don't know why, but to me it tastes like wall paint.

FRENCH CUT GREEN BEANS. The problem here is not the green beans, it's the "French cut" deal. To me, I feel like I am about to swallow a large amount of wet fingernail clippings and I absolutely gag. It's the texture.

RED WINE. Totally allergic to it or something, but have NEVER been able to handle even one sip, and I'll spare y'all the details beyond that.

CHICKEN LIVERS. I know, it's a cliche, but eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuw!!! Sludgy texture does not help. I did have some calves liver one time years ago that wasn't TOO bad (a lot of ketchup helped), but nothing can redeem chicken livers.

RELISH. Whose idea WAS this???? Completely nasty stuff.

PINE NUTS. Too waxy, like gnawing on crayons.

I'm incredibly picky... but I can't stand sea food, and yes I realize I'm in the wrong state to be saying that... but I can't stand halibut, salmon... any of that stuff... I used to love it, but now I just can't eat it lol

Liver of any kind - even disguised.
    Cooked spinage - why ruin perfectly good veg.
    Large pieces of mushrooms, If i don't bite, I like - same texture thing.
    Scallops.
    Oysters.
    All types of fish eggs, I don't care what you call them they're gross
    Fake crab.
    Tripe - fine as a slight flavor but I don't want to see it or feel it in my mouth.
    I like pretty much everything but those.

Custom Title
    I hate avocados -- I think it is the texture.

Rinkside
    Any kind of mushroom, clams and oysters, falu sausage (can eat it, but I'd rather not), ruccola salad (it's a weed, damnit!), most cooked or fried or baked fruit and vegetables (including any kind of fruit pie)...

Medalist
    Hog Maws
    Chitlins
    Rocky Mountain Oysters
    Pigs Feet

Tripping on the Podium
    Beets
    Sweetbreads
    Brains

DH hates porridge, rhubarb & beets.

Tripping on the Podium
    I have always hated carrots ever since I I started eating solid food. Their evil.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Dennis, do you get those things offered to you often?

I hate fried, boiled, and poached eggs.

I'm a vegetarian so no comment on meats, but I hate most fake "meats" (tofurkey etc) and any soybean dish that is not thoroughly disguised.

Sauerkraut and sweet potatores are also turnoffs and whatever those chopped boiled greens were that they used to serve in school lunches all the time... yecch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw
    s
    Brains

Grossss! That never even crossed my mind as a food, I wouldn't even touch it. That is like a Fear Factor food IMO.

There are a lot of meat products I won't eat - like everything Dennis mentioned (I needs FSU's :yikes: icon) - but I won't bother listing stuff I'm unlikely to come across. I really dislike:

CELERY. In anything. The flavor is so unique, and so pronounced, that the tiniest smidge in a recipe will ruin the dish.

Red Onions: I've finally learned to appreciate yellow onions while cooking, but red onions are practically on the same level as celery, as far as I'm concerned.

Nuts in brownies, cookies, cake (any baked goods), or ice cream. I like most nuts. I love baked goods and ice cream. I hate them together. I also don't care for chunky peanut butter, but I can deal with it if necessary.

Green Peppers: Never developed a taste for them. I also only like red peppers when they're roasted, or in sauces/pastes.

Lobster: I love most seafood, and my issue with lobster isn't really the taste. I really think my problem is that I hated watching my family have lobster races and then toss the contestants in the pot afterwards when I was a kid. It seems like the winner at least should have gotten a reprieve.

Miracle Whip. Pure evil. Especially when it's served under the name of "mayonnaise". It's. Not. the. Same.

I never understood relish or sauerkraut, either.

Quote Originally Posted by guinevere
    (I needs FSU's :yikes: icon) - but I won't bother listing stuff I'm unlikely to come across.

GS's is better

I hate nuts in sandwich bread.

Yep It's me!
    Lots I won't eat, but I won't even have carrots or pickles on or near my plate.

Custom Title
    Cole slaw.

I've hated it since elementary school. The teachers told us that we had to eat everything on our plate and I did until cole slaw was served. I tried to get away with it, but the teacher caught me. I told her that it would make me sick (previous experience). She didn't believe me and made me eat it. Several minutes later I vomited.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Fruit on my chocolate dessert. I mean, really, why ruin my lovely chocolate cake by putting something healthy near it? If I wanted a healthy dessert, I would've ordered the fruit cup. But I didn't. I ordered the Great Wall of Chocolate, dammit, because I wanted CHOCOLATE.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast