• Kimmie

68 45.64%
  • Sasha

81 54.36%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KIMMIE or SASHA?

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!

Question KIMMIE or SASHA?

This season was very interesting...I know Kimmie is new but who do you like better?
    Americans,you have to choose one,who is it?
    Other people, who is better for you?
    Is it Kimmie?
    Or still it stays Sasha?

I am SO interested what is going to be here.

NOTE: DO NOT say anything about Michelle or Tara or Emily or anyone else. The question is clear, and please choose one onf theese.

Definately Sasha. One of the most artistic skaters around. I have enjoyed watching her even with the inconsistancies. Amazing. Kimmie needs time to develop. We'll see in the next few years if she can match her in this aspect.

Down With It
    IMO, too soon to tell. There is a five year age difference. I think it would be more fair to wait until Kimmie is closer to Cohen's age before they can be compared. Then we can compare them at the same age. JMO
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-02-2006 at 02:49 PM.

I like Kimmie a lot and look forward to watching her in the coming years. But I love Sasha so I had to vote for Sasha.

Ballroom Baby
    I want a 'neither' option. I totallly miss the emotion some people say they see in Sasha, and Kimmie so far isn't standing out to me except as a bit coltish. Though if I had to chose I suppose I'd have to say Kimmie, simply because I've been watching Sasha for five years now and she still does nothing for me, while Kimmie's new and might grow on me.

Custom Title
    In this minute Sasha has more skating skills, and has something unique , her extrem flexibility used in a very nice way.
    Kimmie as a skater is "nothing special" yet, but has an incredible technical and competitive ability, which is far better than Sasha's at the same age.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I like Sasha better. Now that Kimmie's triple axel is gone, nothing sets her apart.

Medalist
    You know what, I'm comparing Kimmie with Sasha when Sasha was Kimmie's age. And I still say Sasha! I'd give those triple triples away to watch Sasha's beautiful programs.

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Whatever, for example, I would pick...um, I can't say anyone but Sasha, but I can say almost anyone but her.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer
    I want a 'neither' option. I totallly miss the emotion some people say they see in Sasha, and Kimmie so far isn't standing out to me except as a bit coltish. Though if I had to chose I suppose I'd have to say Kimmie, simply because I've been watching Sasha for five years now and she still does nothing for me, while Kimmie's new and might grow on me.
    I totally agree... After five years of Sasha, I'm still not a fan of her skating (even though I find HER highly amusing, espcially when she was going through her bad girl phase...) and after the same five years of seeing these prodigies spring up overnight & then disappear I simply cannot become emotionaly involved with the newbies... Having said that, Kimmie is a very competent skater who might be in the right place at the right time... (of course I felt the same way about NNN, Jenny, AP, BeBe, etc...) you just never know how one will stack up as time moves on...

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar

I wish there was an option for both...

I find enjoyable qualities in both of these skaters. In nearly any skaters for that matter. I wish I could have seen World's live, where from the sound of it Kimmie electrified the arena with each successive jump. And I enjoy Sasha's unique qualitites in her spins and spirals with or without mistakes.

DG

this is comparing Apples to Oranges

and why do only American's have to choose??? I know a lot of Americans who don't give a hoot about either! :sheesh:

I did choose Sasha, though... more elegant line and mature skating style...

Custom Title
    This moment definetely Sasha. Kimmie´s skating still looks like that of a junior skater. It is of course possible that in time she may be able to get more presentation and interpretation talent, but I have a strong feeling that she will never be one of the skaters whose performances I enjoy, whether faultless or not.

Neither skater - i don't think i'd go out of my way to watch either of them. Kimmie is only 16 and i'm sure she'll improve her presentation/artistry so i'm not counting her out just yet. But at this point in time they both leave me cold.

Ant

Custom Title

Obvious

This question is definitely slanted to make Kimmie bad. Of course most people would prefer Sasha. She is the more well rounded skater, considering all components of skating not the jumps. The point is not to compare Kimmie to Sasha and say "Oh she still hasn't reached Sasha's level as far as spins, presentation, flexibility, footwork, musicality are concerned." We should appreciate Kimmie for having progressed as a skater to being a technically consistent jumper. That is a talent and it deserves its praise. Give Kimmie time to develop the artistry. She wil probably work on it, if she wants to be a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    This moment definetely Sasha. Kimmie´s skating still looks like that of a junior skater. It is of course possible that in time she may be able to get more presentation and interpretation talent, but I have a strong feeling that she will never be one of the skaters whose performances I enjoy, whether faultless or not.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast