Goebel headed for Columbia U. | Golden Skate

Goebel headed for Columbia U.

Did you catch this story from the USFS site?

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=34956

I will always wonder how Tim in his prime would have fared under the CoP. A quad Sal/triple toe, plus a solo quad toe and solo quad Sal -- that's 32 points in three passes.

As for PCSs, would he have been marked down or held up?

Anyway, good luck to Tim in his intended career as an investment banker. Maybe one day he'll be so rich he can buy the ISU from Speedy!

nymkfan51

Medalist
I'm happy to hear this. He seemed so down when he announced his retirement ... it's just good to hear him in an upbeat frame of mind. :yes:

MM ... I think he would have fared very well technically (of course), but he might have done well in some of the components too. Not all of them, but I think with those great quads of his, he would have been a definite contender.

Roar, Lion roar, and wake the echos of the Hudson Valley
Fight on to Victory ever more While you Sons of Nickerbocker
rally round Columbia,

It's New York's Ivy League University.

That's a big prize to get (enrolled in). I kind of thought there was more to Tim then good looks and a quad sal.

Joe

heyang

Record Breaker
Doesn't Jamie Silversteen attend Columbia, as well?

Anyway, good for him! It's another honor that needs to be earned. I'll have to keep my eyes open whenever I next wander around that area.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I got my MFA at CU and live and play tennis nearby. I suppose I'll see him (and Jamie?) once in a while. Then again, I never saw Jennie What'shername, the Swimmer, and she attended CU med school. At any rate, good for him for moving on with confidence and determination.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Good for Tim! I'm glad to hear he's pursuing his education and that he sounds happier now. :yes:

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
yelyoh said:
I got my MFA at CU and live and play tennis nearby. I suppose I'll see him (and Jamie?) once in a while. Then again, I never saw Jennie What'shername, the Swimmer, and she attended CU med school. At any rate, good for him for moving on with confidence and determination.

Jenny Thompson
Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons is in Washington Heights, near Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. That's nowhere near the main Columbia campus.

Last edited: