Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Unsupportive Husband

I have tried and I can get them into a respectable looking square but not as neat as I want them to be, LOL.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    OMG!!!! So true I hate that, is it even possible?
    Well, Martha Stewart offered a way in her newspaper column about 10 years ago. I'd find a link -- only the only reason I remember this at all was because IT WAS SO UNBELEIVABLY CONVOLUTED YOU NEEDED AN ADVANCED DEGREE IN ENGINEERING FROM STANFORD UNIVERSITY TO BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE **** SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT. It was quite funny handing the thing to people I knew and asking them if they could figure it out and they'd mime some motions, moving their arms around in the air based on their interpretation of the instructions, and then give up.

As to the bed making thing -- I never saw the point. You're just gonna get back in it that night and mess it all up again anyway, and who spends that much time in the bedroom in the course of a day? I think it's one of those things that people get "indoctrinated" into when young -- if your parents (OK, who's kidding who? If your MOTHER ) made the bed every morning, then you, too, still make the bed every morning. (It would be interesting to take a survey on this) My grandmother, my mother's mother, tho an immaculate housekeeper, never saw the point in making the bed every morning, so my mother did not, and I don't either, and Mom never said one word about "make your bed!" when I was growing up. When staying with my other grandmother (my stepfather's mother), however -- EVERY BED IN THE HOUSE MUST BE MADE OR THE PLANET WILL STOP REVOLVING. So my aunt, her daughter, makes her bed every morning -- tho I don't actually recall her insisting that her children do so, tho then again my aunt was not the traditional mother either.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    Well, Martha Stewart offered a way in her newspaper column about 10 years ago. I'd find a link -- only the only reason I remember this at all was because IT WAS SO UNBELEIVABLY CONVOLUTED YOU NEEDED AN ADVANCED DEGREE IN ENGINEERING FROM STANFORD UNIVERSITY TO BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE **** SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT. It was quite funny handing the thing to people I knew and asking them if they could figure it out and they'd mime some motions, moving their arms around in the air based on their interpretation of the instructions, and then give up.

As to the bed making thing -- I never saw the point. You're just gonna get back in it that night and mess it all up again anyway, and who spends that much time in the bedroom in the course of a day? I think it's one of those things that people get "indoctrinated" into when young -- if your parents (OK, who's kidding who? If your MOTHER ) made the bed every morning, then you, too, still make the bed every morning. (It would be interesting to take a survey on this) My grandmother, my mother's mother, tho an immaculate housekeeper, never saw the point in making the bed every morning, so my mother did not, and I don't either, and Mom never said one word about "make your bed!" when I was growing up. When staying with my other grandmother (my stepfather's mother), however -- EVERY BED IN THE HOUSE MUST BE MADE OR THE PLANET WILL STOP REVOLVING. So my aunt, her daughter, makes her bed every morning -- tho I don't actually recall her insisting that her children do so, tho then again my aunt was not the traditional mother either.
    I must be the reverse psychology type of person on this...my mother insisted on bed's being made and i hated it because until i was 12 years old it wasn't a simple duvet, it was bottom (not fitted sheet), a flat sheet, a thin blanket and then an eiderdown, and had to be made beautifully to her standards! Eventually i got a simple duvet and the whole thing became less stressful for the pair of us but ever since i left home my bed remains unmade because i agree with the - what's the point of making your bed when you're going to get straight back in it at night and mess it up! No-one who comes visiting is going to go into my bedroom and see the unmade bed so i don't mind leaving it...my mother , of course, goes mad when i tell her!

Ant

Custom Title
    I clipped and have somewhere the Martha Stewart article on how to fold a fitted sheet. I agree it was confusing and I did not get it. Well, I found the article about 6 months ago cleaning out a drawer and re-read it and figured it out. It worked pretty well but I don't remember what I was doing incorrectly before. I don't bother. I just fold it up and stick it in the closet.

My hubby's good about pitching in with the housework, laundry, dishes, vaccuming. There are some chores we don't "cross-over". I don't collect trash and he doesn't clean toilets. Works for me......... 442

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2