Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I finally got a job

I finally got a job

My summer job comes at the end of summer, go figure

but I am the newest member of Sears Portraits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really excited, a bit nervous, but over all just ecstatic about the whole thing

best of all this seals the deal that we will be going to Florida next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So woot! The party's really on now!!!!

(I promise to make more sense after about 8 hours of sleep... Tchelle doesn't do well after midnight lol)

Congratulations Toni!!! :chorus: :chorus:

Tripping on the Podium
    Congratulations!!!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Way to go, T'chelle. It's wonderful that you'll be able to earn your living as a photographer.

BTW, did you ever see the movie Secrets and Lies (one of my all time favorites)? It is about a portrait photographer, in part. But be warned, it moves slowly and the style is not American. (It's English.)

no, never seen it... what's the genre?

Not the droid you're looking for
    Congrats, Toni! My first job out of high school was at a Kinderfoto studio. It was a really fun job. Best of luck with it!
    Rave

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Congrats! Where in Florida are you going next year? Probably somewhere down south, huh?

DisneyWorld, mainly... and then possibly other theme parks (we're debating between Universal, Busch Gardens, and Sea World... it's a big family trip that my aunt and I are giving my parents/brother/cousin)

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    YAY Toni! Congratulations!!!

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    DisneyWorld, mainly... and then possibly other theme parks (we're debating between Universal, Busch Gardens, and Sea World... it's a big family trip that my aunt and I are giving my parents/brother/cousin)
    Have fun!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    no, never seen it... what's the genre?
    Hmm. Drama, I guess. It's a feature film by Mike Leigh about a successful young black English woman who is adopted and wants to find her birth mother... and finds out her mother, played by the great Brenda Blethyn, is white. And there are various subplots. I love the character of the photographer - he's a quiet, unremarkable man who "speaks" through his patience and goodness. I find it a very Christian film but that is not explicit. But every character is seen with deep love, as well as painful truthfulness, and you see the whole film, in a way, from the point of view of the photographer, so it is like a series of portrait shots. It's really remarkable. But one of my best friends walked out in the middle - hated it. But another, a budding filmmaker, loved it as much as I do.

Best of everything for you, Toni. Portraits are your thing and you should do well but keep abreast of the market and move on when you think it will work for you.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I'm not planning on staying there forever, but hopefully it will fit for the next year to two years

Spun Silver, it sounds interesting, I will have to see if I can find myself a copy to view

Custom Title
    congrats and good luck

Congratulations, it'll definitely give you experince with kids!!

BTW, if anyone is into space, Cape Canaveral is not overly far from Orlando. I went years ago. We found a really nice affordable B&B nearby - it was really more motel style, not the Victorian/Farmhouse Inn with rooms for romance. One of my friends had already been to the Kennedy Space Center; so, she opted to hang out on the beach. Our other friend & I took the tour. We also got lucky - there was a rocket launch at about 3:30AM and you could see it from the roof patio of our B&B. It was a pretty amazing experience to see the rockets glare lighting up the sky at that time of the AM. If I had realized how bright it was, I would've brought a camera. Coco Beach is not the greatest beach, but it would give you the chance to see the Atlantic Ocean, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast