World Skating Museum | Golden Skate

World Skating Museum

Alsace

On the Ice
I get to visit Colorado Springs soon, and I was wondering if there are any other special exibits/things to see of interest to skating fans. Any suggestions? Thanks!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Broadmore is cool, but who knows what will be going on. I think Mathman might like a couple of pics of MKs dress:laugh: if you can:laugh:

It would be cool to feedback on the film preservation project. :agree:

heyang

Record Breaker
I almost went there this past April. I don't know much about the museum, but Pike's Peak and the Air Force Academy are nearby.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
That sounds awesome. I want some pics of Kristi's stuff. :) Ooh, and if Alexei Y. has anything there, too! :D

Alsace

On the Ice
Thanks for your responses and the pictures! We went yesterday and had a great time. We stopped in at the Garden of the gods, also. I got lots of pictures from the museum (sent hubby out to get more batteries! haha!) which I will hopefully post somewhere (I'm not too good at that, yet). I took front, back, and side of some of the costumes, including MK's.

On the front desk were programs from COI from 2005 and 2006 which were free to visitors along with old Skating magazines.

Hubby, who is not a great skating fan, thought that $3.00 admission was a great deal to see the collection.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad you all enjoyed the pictures!

Alsace, I'm also glad that you enjoyed touring the museum. When we were there three years ago, we were able to get a few copies of the COI program from 2003, so I brought home some copies for our friends who attended that season's show with us. A question for you - do they still have a large photo of the 1998 US Olympic/World team hanging on the wall near the office area?

Garden of the Gods was absolutely breathtaking. Did you take pictures there as well? The person who posted the museum pics at the SOI board also posted a few pics of Garden of the Gods here:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/sk8nut2/Western States/

Last edited:

Alsace

On the Ice
A question for you - do they still have a large photo of the 1998 US Olympic/World team hanging on the wall near the office area?
no, the team picture is a more recent one, I think. I cannot remember if it was 2002 or 2006.

iluvtodd said:
Garden of the Gods was absolutely breathtaking. Did you take pictures there as well?

Yes, but just a few. Maybe on Labor Day I'll have time to post them.