Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes their bed in the morning?

Don't make my bed unless i've just changed the sheets which i do fortnightly.

Ant

Usallay I change my sheets every saturday laundry day, but there a few time when its 2 wks. Neatly make the bed when I change the sheets rest of the time I just pull up the sheet and comforter. Since I live alone only one side of the bed gets used the other side doesn't get messy.
    Love the smell of sheets fresh from the line, when i was able to do that I'd bring them in and fluff them in the dryer to get rid the stiffness, same with bath towels.

Custom Title
    Dunno if I'd call it 'making the bed', but I NEED to put a cover on, otherwise BunBun the bunny makes too much of a mess.

you guys must be the most peaceful sleepers..... by the time i get up I have pillows in all corners of the room and the blankets and sheets torn off of the bed

I have to try to remind myself to use the other side of the mattress very so often. It's been a while since it was occupied. So, I find that I sleep on the right side of the bed toward the middle. There's definitely a 'spot' where I sleep - even if a flip the mattress, it doesn't take long for another spot to develop.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    you guys must be the most peaceful sleepers..... by the time i get up I have pillows in all corners of the room and the blankets and sheets torn off of the bed
    haha...I'll wake up to occasionally find a pillow on the floor (but right next to the bed) or the comforter off. But other than that it's all good.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Oh Piel, Piel.

Dee

I'm the same way Piel. Sometimes theres a lot of romping around going on in the middle of the night

Yes but my BF lives several states away .

Back to the original question - I do, usually in the morning.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Well, I believe I sounded off on this already, in the "Unsupportive Husband" thread, but -- just to reiterate -- NEVER. Actually, in its usual state, it would take about 20 minutes before I could even GET TO THE POINT of making it. Right now, spread out on top of it, is an entire Sunday paper, 3 books (including both of Christine Brennan's books, which I had the urge to re-read this weekend), a couple of tupperware containers (one of which used to have pretzels in it), a couple of hangers, an accordian file of old magazine articles, and various dishes. Yes, I am one of THOSE people....

As to changing the sheets, I do it whenever I think "It's been a while". Let's just leave it at that.....

Shoe Diva
    I'm right there with you...

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    What I am trying to figure out is how I can manage to work the pillowcases 3/4 of the way (if not all the way) OFF THE PILLOWS over the course of the night.....

Medalist
    I try. Since my b/f and I are students, and he always wakes up a few hours later than I do, it can be a hassle. But I think that the room we rent really needs it - it is tiny and looks so much cleaner when the bed is made.

By the way, does anyone here know the term "sleeping northern"? I heard it used to refer to not using a second sheet but I'm not sure if it's an expression used in English. (Right now I live in the Netherlands.) Anyway, it means that we just use a duvet cover for our blanket and a fitted sheet for the mattress. Making the bed is therefore way easier than fighting with the second sheet IMO - all we have to do is flatten out the blanket! I hated making my bed at home in the US, cos my mom likes us to use a second sheet.

I make mine every morning. I launder them every couple of weeks or so. I am a very quiet sleeper. I very seldom ever turn over. I don't do anything fancy , just pull all the bedding up and tuck in the pillows . My "angel" daughter and granddaughter made me a quilt that hits the floor on 3 sides. Easy as pie. Quilt is pink and blue and has swans all over it. Really neat. I have a swan collection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast