Who Makes their bed in the morning? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Makes their bed in the morning?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Piel said:
you guys must be the most peaceful sleepers..... by the time i get up I have pillows in all corners of the room and the blankets and sheets torn off of the bed

haha...I'll wake up to occasionally find a pillow on the floor (but right next to the bed) or the comforter off. But other than that it's all good.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
you guys must be the most peaceful sleepers..... by the time i get up I have pillows in all corners of the room and the blankets and sheets torn off of the bed
Oh Piel, Piel. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Piel said:

I'm the same way Piel. Sometimes theres a lot of romping around going on in the middle of the night :rock:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, I believe I sounded off on this already, in the "Unsupportive Husband" thread, but -- just to reiterate -- NEVER. Actually, in its usual state, it would take about 20 minutes before I could even GET TO THE POINT of making it. Right now, spread out on top of it, is an entire Sunday paper, 3 books (including both of Christine Brennan's books, which I had the urge to re-read this weekend), a couple of tupperware containers (one of which used to have pretzels in it), a couple of hangers, an accordian file of old magazine articles, and various dishes. Yes, I am one of THOSE people....

As to changing the sheets, I do it whenever I think "It's been a while". Let's just leave it at that.....

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Piel said:

:laugh: :laugh: I'm right there with you...

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Piel said:

What I am trying to figure out is how I can manage to work the pillowcases 3/4 of the way (if not all the way) OFF THE PILLOWS over the course of the night.....:laugh:

Fredegunda

Rinkside
I try. Since my b/f and I are students, and he always wakes up a few hours later than I do, it can be a hassle. But I think that the room we rent really needs it - it is tiny and looks so much cleaner when the bed is made.

By the way, does anyone here know the term "sleeping northern"? I heard it used to refer to not using a second sheet but I'm not sure if it's an expression used in English. (Right now I live in the Netherlands.) Anyway, it means that we just use a duvet cover for our blanket and a fitted sheet for the mattress. Making the bed is therefore way easier than fighting with the second sheet IMO - all we have to do is flatten out the blanket! I hated making my bed at home in the US, cos my mom likes us to use a second sheet.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I make mine every morning. I launder them every couple of weeks or so. I am a very quiet sleeper. I very seldom ever turn over. I don't do anything fancy , just pull all the bedding up and tuck in the pillows . My "angel" daughter and granddaughter made me a quilt that hits the floor on 3 sides. Easy as pie. Quilt is pink and blue and has swans all over it. Really neat. I have a swan collection.

heyang

Record Breaker
Your quilt sounds Awesome, GrGranny!

A lot of my friends don't use the flat sheet either. I do since it was just ingrained in me from childhood.

Actually, i can't sleep without having at least the flat sheet over me.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have to have a sheet too. Actually, I also have a fleece sheet on it too. If I have the room just the right temp. I wake up hot. Lots of time I do anyway.