Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is your Favorite sandwich?

Custom Title
    Ruben!!! With lot's of sourkrawt (sp?) - YUMMY!

a nice lox, cream cheese, capers and tomato on a everything grain bagel!

An ultimate afternoon tea sandvich - thinly sliced cukes on a slightly buttered french bread with salt and peper.

and Gail's favorite - grilled veggie panni.

i am a bit hungry now - and it's way to late to raid the fridge!!!

Yesterday I had a sandwich that I am not even sure what it is, but it was fantastic. It came from and Asian market and one of the slices of meat looked like it had octopus and squid in it, fresh veggies (carrots onion jicama parsley zucchini and onion) no condiments. OOOH it was good! I know it was beef and pork for the other slices of meat, but really don't know the head cheese looking slice was. A Vietnamese woman ordered it for me and and I could not understand a word. So Anyhoo, let my mental thoughts not get the best of me, tryed a bight, and it was an awesome sandwich, the bread was a perfect French roll, great crust and chewy soft onside - for a 12" $3. SOOO GOOD! I want another!

Oh, may I add that I like "wrap" sandwiches as well - veggie & grilled chicken!

Breaded Tenderloin with mustard & ketsup(can't get in the south)
    Tomatoes on white bread with mircle whip
    BBQ (not that crap you get in the south it's nothing but smoked meat no sauce)
    Turkey with lettuce, tomatoe and honey mustard
    an dof course the old stand by a Hamburger

Well other than some of Quizno's heated subs... my all time favorite has to be mom's moose roast sandwhiches.... white bread very lightly toasted, lots of mayo, salt, pepper, shredded lettuce (only once in a while for me though lol) and lots of moose... *yum*

now I'm hungry....

Medalist
    What does Moose taste like?
    Is it gamey like Deer?

I've not had deer, but my parents grew up in the sticks of Northern California and both say that moose tastes so much better than the wild deer they grew up on.

It's not gamey at all. It's a very healthy meat, very lean, in fact there's so little fat that there are some ways that you just can't cook it. My parents make sausage and burger from parts of the animal, we can also have ribs (the most gamey and fatty part of the moose and I'm not a big fan but I think I'm the only one to ever say that lol) my g'ma and dad like the heart and tongue (gag me), we have roasts made...

you can pretty much use every part of the meat in some way. we have chicken fried moose steak... bisquits and gravy with moose sausage... the moose burger is GREAT for tacos, but you can't really make a good moose hamburger just too dry...

I love the meat, I don't like caribou or bear because they're too gamey for me... but I love moose.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I love a nice french dip sandwich.

Toni, did you bring moose to the pool party???

Dee

Dee if you would have stayed somewhat sober you would have known what you did or didn't eat.

BTW what kind of activity shall we have this weekend?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2