Jenny Kirk and Fedor Andreev??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Jenny Kirk and Fedor Andreev???

Thanks Ariane. I think at the time, members of GS were quite excited of what could be a great Pairs team. I can't recall what happened, but I think it was Fedov who backed out and why I can't remember.

Joe

Red Dog said:
SB, I think you were right on though. I just hate the way people use certain words...ESPECIALLY the word "cute".

But off that topic...how about some Jenny...to get back on topic? ;)

She is gorgeous....but, are you sure that picture isn't of Josee Chouinard? :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Misplaced Gymnast said:
She is gorgeous....but, are you sure that picture isn't of Josee Chouinard? :agree:

I'm pretty confident that's Jenny...because I got it off of a Jenny page. It looks just like her, too.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Between us, I never bought into that word "cute". Just can't stand it. And what exactly does it mean, anyway?

Red Dog, I don't know your age, but "cute" has been an ICON word(if there is such a thing) in the English language for as long as I can remember. It is used mostly by young children and teenagers, of course, but I've often wondered in recent years if they mean "cute" when they say "coooouuuullllll"(cool). There may even be a slight sexual connotation to the word - think of the Olsen twins' endless rant "He's so cute!" On the other hand, when Jamie Sele referred to Kimmie Meissner's chatty girlishness in an interview, with "She's so cute!", it had still another one of it's several connotations.

Personally, I consider "cute" to be a totally relevant "Term of Endearment" because it has a meaning that NO OTHER WORD can exactly match when one is trying to describe a person's most endearing visual characteristics. Actually, I would say, Red Dog, that I feel the same way about "SEXY" (ugh!) that you do about "CUTE". In my younger days, I looked upon Brigitte Bardot as cute, but I never called her "sexy".....I just think "cute" is a more flattering term than "sexy". You would probably challenge that....

I think the problem with "cute" is that this is something that no man wants to be. Kittens are cute, cabbage patch dolls are cute. "Cute" has a connotation of being frivolous and without substance.

Men would rather be macho, dangerous, "bad" -- that sort of thing.

MM :)

antmanb

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I think the problem with "cute" is that this is something that no man wants to be. Kittens are cute, cabbage patch dolls are cute. "Cute" has a connotation of being frivolous and without substance.

Men would rather be macho, dangerous, "bad" -- that sort of thing.

MM :)

Cabbage patch dolls are not cute...they're both scary and dangerous!! Scary because they just look freaky and used to scare the hell out of me when i was little, and dangerous beacuse a friend of mine got beaten over the head with one (by an older sibling) and that hard head hurt him like crazy!!!

Ant