Olympic Gold Medalist wows Sun Valley crowd | Golden Skate

Olympic Gold Medalist wows Sun Valley crowd

It does seem like he really loves kids.

With his looks and charm I wonder if Ilia will pursue any more movie roles. He was quite believable in his role as a ballet student in Center Stage. :)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mathman said:
It does seem like he really loves kids.

With his looks and charm I wonder if Ilia will pursue any more movie roles. He was quite believable in his role as a ballet student in Center Stage. :)

LOL, I have to say that I´m more impressed (than by his movie role) by his skating described in that little review, considering also that he was skating in high altitude and arrived only the previous day.

Mathman, I have gotten the impression, that all in all Ilia did not enjoy the movie making very much. Too much waiting, etc. for him. I believe that he continues pursuing the skating, besides he has pursued the coaching a bit lately, too. At least those who read on the International Figure Skating magazine´s website this article about the Toronto seminar, were able to see where his interests are these days:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=209&st=0#entry336

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
What a sweetheart. He is so amazing to watch; I wish SOI or COI would pick him up again so we could have more chances to see him live.

A great champion and an excellent show skater.

Ilia did speak of a movie career way back. He did a good job in Center Stage. I think if there were movie offers then, he would have taken them.

How does one get a figure skater into the movies with just a background in skating? The days of Sonia Henie have long since gone. There are no big studios to grind out silly skating stories and drill the skater into how to act.

Joe

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Ilia gets to skate again in SOI. We enjoyed him during his years as a full time cast member, and were so pleased that he was our "guest" star in the 2004/2005 tour. :bow: Hey, we'll gladly take any combination of Katia & Ilia! :clap: