Thread: How do you cope with stress?

Hybrid View

How do you cope with stress?

Tips, tricks, or theories? How do you get back to you normal lovable self?

For me it always depends on the kind of stress. If its to do with work then a long session in the gym is the sole rememdy - i tire myself out in the gym and by the time i'm finished i'm exhausted - drop into the jacuzzi before heading home and all work stress leaves my head until i get back in the office in the morning.

More personal kinds of stress is more difficult to shake off in the gym because my mind tends to come back to what's going on in my head...actually the only things that does help - skating! Skating is the only thing i think about when i'm skating (unless i've just fallen in which case its the pain!) and it really really works to get my mind off things.

Ant
    Last edited by antmanb; 08-03-2006 at 06:07 AM.

take a walk around the neighborhood, listen to my favorite music, watch my favorite skating videos/DVDs, bike riding ...

Omega 3 oils, natural is best but a good brand of supplment will do. another interesting suplement is Cordyceps' I'm a nutrition nut.

Joe

Shoe Diva
    Retail therapy... the one thing that cures all!

Yoga, taking a walk before going to bed, reading a lot; on a weekend, drive over to the beach for at least an hour. Spend time with my parents (yes, I know, for many people that would just add to stress, but for this 30 y.o., this is a great stress reliever) & their cat (cats a amazing shrinks!).

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu
    Tips, tricks, or theories? How do you get back to you normal lovable self?
    I don't know - I now have an ulcer, I guess I don't cope very well! No just kidding, my ulcer is a result of taking too many painkillers.

I play my piano, read, draw, go for walks, swim - in another life my first answer would be grab my skates and head for an ice rink!!!!! Skate away my problems - that is what I used to do.

As the great Joni Mithcell sings:

" I wish I had a river I could skate away on...."