Irina Grigorian | Golden Skate

Irina Grigorian

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Inspired by a question from the "This or That?" thread that I didn't quite get, but I've been wondering this for a long time anyway:

Is Irina Grigorian, the "hula hoop girl" from Stars on Ice {???} the same "hula hoop girl" who appears on David Letterman with the "Grinder Girl" when he does "Will It Float?" on Friday nights? I've never actually seen Grigorian perform with an ice show, so have no idea if it's the same woman or not.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Anna Jack is the hula hoop girl who appears on David Letterman.

Irina Grigorian
Although it is kinda "hoky" to me, it is talent never the less. She had the guy across the isle from me at COI choke on his Nacho when she came up and pointed at him and did the little No No No right in his face. I thought she might have been inspired by Ira, "anybody you see eating while you are skating, you go get them. Us Irinas' need to stick together." I also think she should have done the routine backwards ( start with cube, etc...) the individual hoop were much more impressive - I think the audience got that too.

She's the star of the show, as far as I'm concerned. I can see world champions doing triple Lutzes any old time. :yes:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
When was she with SOI? I've only seen her on COI and have seen SOI much more often than COI.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny said:
When was she with SOI? I've only seen her on COI and have seen SOI much more often than COI.
You're right Grgranny, she's in COI.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
You're right Grgranny, she's in COI.

Dee

Hence the {????} in my original post; since I've never been to either, I didn't know which one she was with, without looking it up, which I was too lazy to do at the time.

Thanks for the info; I've been wondering about this for quite some time. :)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jonny, here is a picture of her.

Irina G.

Dee

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
so when she's not with the COI tour, does she perform in other venues (like circuses or something)? She should try AGT ;) hehe

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Red Dog are you going to the costume party??

Everyone come on over.........lots of food and drinks. Grgranny is already dancing.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
cool, I wonder about the acrobats as well.

interesting that they put an 18 y/o age limit on the show. Strippers or something? :laugh:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
cool, I wonder about the acrobats as well.

interesting that they put an 18 y/o age limit on the show. Strippers or something? :laugh:

Possibly. You ever see "Showgirls"?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: