Sasha or Tara | Golden Skate

Sasha or Tara

Which will be the better, more successful actress?

• Tara -- both better and more successful

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Sasha -- both better and more successful

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Tara better; Sasha more successful

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Sasha better; Tara more successful

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Both will be equally great and successful

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Both are horrible

Votes: 26 31.7%

• Total voters

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tara has proven herself to be a horrid actress. Through her acting and speech classes, she has learned to speak properly, but that's about it.

Sasha is still unproven at all levels. She isn't a great speaker, but classes could improve that (maybe). I can't guess as to her acting ability until I see what she can do.

One difference: Sasha is blessed with a naturally beautiful face, while Tara needs heavy makeup to achieve moderate good looks. Sasha MIGHT succeed on good looks alone, but she is handicapped by her underdeveloped body and short stature, just as Tara is.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I voted for Sasha since she is beautiful enough to have a great career as an actress. She does not even need to be that great of an actress to be a very successful one too, look at JLo and Brooke Shields as two examples, add Hillary Duff to that list too now.

helena

Spectator
Even though Tara did win nationals, worlds, and the olympics, I can not say that she is a better skater than Sasha. Tara lacks Sasha's elegance and beauty, imo. But then, Tara quit when she was 15-16, the age Sasha first came to the senior nationals...

chuckm said:
Sasha is still unproven at all levels. She isn't a great speaker, but classes could improve that (maybe). I can't guess as to her acting ability until I see what she can do.
And not much of a skater, imo. She had the bouncy little girl down pat, but can you imagine her doing Puccini, Mozart, or Vivaldi?

Joe

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
helena said:
Even though Tara did win nationals, worlds, and the olympics, I can not say that she is a better skater than Sasha. Tara lacks Sasha's elegance and beauty, imo. But then, Tara quit when she was 15-16, the age Sasha first came to the senior nationals...
In terms of skating, I can say without a doubt that Tara was a better skater than Sasha. She didn't have super-Gumby moves, but she had acceptable positions in all her spins and spirals, and by far she had better edges and speed/power than Sasha. Oh yeah, and then there's the jump issue. Tara usually landed hers ;) I know, I know, Sasha typically only falls once or twice in a program, like many other skaters, but its one or two times more than Tara typically fell in a competition. Artistically, Tara wasn't as developed, but we'll never know what she COULD have done as she matured. For her age, and her stature/appearance, her musical choices and the interpretations of them were appropriate and IMHO pleasant to watch. Finally, Tara had the right attitude and nerves for skating.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
My vote was that even though Tara has been studying and working at it for years, and is probably the better (more skilled) actress by a HUGE margin, Sasha will probably have a more publicly noticeable acting career because she doesn't have the handicap of appearing to be "an Olympic Champion athlete trying her hand at acting" like Tara - darn it - has always had on her shoulders.

It's a shame. Tara is so obviously more seriously interested in a serious acting career and she can't make real headway because she is an Olympic Champion.
Sasha appears to be just SASHAY-ING (no pun intended) her way into Hollywood's favor because of her glamorous good looks.

Skating? Tara is the much better skater when you consider which of the two was able to master everything and win, win, win. Visually? An apple and an orange, but basically equally enjoyable.

soogar

Record Breaker
One difference: Sasha is blessed with a naturally beautiful face, while Tara needs heavy makeup to achieve moderate good looks. Sasha MIGHT succeed on good looks alone, but she is handicapped by her underdeveloped body and short stature, just as Tara is.

Please, don't you look at the tabloids? Everyone in Hollywood is a stick and most of the girls don't even bother to get implants anymore. Both Sasha and Tara fit in fine.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes they do. I'll give you that. You just have to love the attention and being photographed. They fit in JUST FINE. :yes:

Better not wish for too much fame or that's when the papparazzi (sp) get involved. :eek:

skater GO

Rinkside
As a matter of course, Sasha is blessed with attractive figures.
Furthermore, she is very always fashionable and dresses every clothes well.
She has the element which is necessary for an actress.
If she polishes a performance power more, may be perfect.