Thread: Johnny at DOI

Custom Title

Johnny at DOI

This is a link to a small(19 MB) video of Johnny Weir at DOI in Japan. It's the TV version, not somebody's home video. I like the footwork. I see some changes since I saw COI in April, and changes from the Olympic exhibition version.
    http://www.savefile.com/files2.php?f...090&key=367319

He's looking good and competitive. I think with one quad he would overtake Plushy.

There were, however, too many inside spread eagles at the beginning. When did he get all that hair on his head?

Joe

Custom Title
    Weir skates beautifully and has a great looking flow. Otherwise I would say that this is not one of bis best exhibitions, because "My Way" is difficult to interpret.

To beat Plushy, Lambiel and Joubert, Weir needs more than one quad. He needs two quad jumps with one in a combination. Also I think that he needs more command on the ice (presence) and also speed. Before one seriously considers Weir beating Plushy in a competition, let´s see, if he will first be able to beat Lysacek in next Worlds...
    Last edited by Jaana; 08-07-2006 at 06:15 AM.

I think Johnny has everything he needs to beat Plushy except for the quads. He has much more flow than the ever posing Plush. And when it comes to spins, where are they with Plush? Like just your opinion. This is my JMO.

Joe

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Debdelilah, thanks so much for that video. Johnny's spins are so good and the flow out from his jumps. The only thing I wish he would have someone style his hair or at least tell him a good style. Can't wait to see his program this year.

Dee