How much is gas in your town? | Golden Skate

How much is gas in your town?

Arianne

On the Ice
Ok, I am REALLY starting to worry!!! I heard that BP is having some gas problem and will have to shut off supplies for perhaps months? Anyway, in Grand Rapids, Michigan yesterday the gas prices where around $3.20 yesterday. I heard that they are drastically supposed to go up, around 4.00 or more a gallon!!! And, in a town about 20 miles from Grand Rapids, gas HAS already gone up to over $4.00 a gallon.

How much is gas around your area? I would tell you how much it is here TODAY, but I can't afford to drive into town to find out!!

Arianne

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
BP is shutting down Prudoe Bay temporarily... according to them it's due to pipes leaking... it just happens to come at the same time that the Alaska Senate is voting on a bill to pass the new pipeline and the 20% extra tax the oil companies would have to pay. BP has already said they won't go higher than that extra 20, but the senate wants them to pay more... so I think BP is showing that they will pack up and leave if need be...

gotta love politics (granted this is just my theory)

Prudoe Bay only contributes 8% of the US's oil... we've been told already that it will not create a crisis...

this doesn't stop the big heads from raising gas prices though :laugh: it's anywhere from 2.79-3.00 in Anchorage, Alaska

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Yesterday, it was 2.98 or 2.99 here. There are two stations on the highway here and they generally have the lowest price, but not always. We had 3 locally owned stations in town that have all closed but one and he is closing as soon as he sells the last bit of gas he has. Really be sorry for him because when it's really cold, I go there, because they do it for you. I hate to go get gas.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Too darn much that's how much!!!

Ok, I feel better now that I got off my chest... Gas here in Richmond is hovering around 2.99 a gallon, but goes up & down by 5 cents every three days... I swear, if I weren't so lazy ~ I'd buy a bike or figure out how to catch the bus....

babyoscar

On the Ice
gas

there is gas less than $3??? Where? I live in LA, it is about 3.12-3.20 near where I live. Although if you go near Westwood or Beverly Hills area, it is usually near $4/gal. I haven't paid gas less than $3/gal in about 1.5 years now.

heyang

Record Breaker
When I filled up yesterday, gas was $2.96 for regular in NJ. So far, I haven't paid more than $2.99/gallon.

Arianne

On the Ice
Ok, when I went to the bank today I found that it was around 3.04 here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. If only we could go back to the days when we thought that 2.00 a gallon was expensive.

Lanie

On the Ice
$3.15-$3.30 around here. I saw gas for $2.99 when I was in Northern California in mid-July and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! :p

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Here a litre of gas is $1.22. There are 3.7854118 litres in a gallon so we are paying $4.68 a gallon. So when you are frustated with your gas prices just think of your northern neighbors paying more. :)

Jhar55

Medalist
Depending on which sid eof the street your on Shell was 2.97 and non name station was 2.96. From which they both dropped 2 cents from last week. Also I've noticed everytime they do this they end up raising it an other 10 cents so why bother just jack it up and get it over with.
For me I don't drive any where expect to work 24 miles round trip and the store that's it, it cost me around $23 a week and I drive a Focus. That's $10 more than a year ago. Haven't been to Nashville since May and I used to go at least once a month to visit family.
They got us over a barrel and theres nothing we can do about it. :rofl:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In Omaha it's $2.88. Still too much!!! :mad: :mad:

Dee

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I paid $3.05/gallon at our local Wawa (convenience store) last week. That's a little cheaper than the other Philly area stations. I suspect the price will continue to rise. :eek:hwell:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
It's 2.96 here today. Seems like the most likely day for price changes are on Thursdays.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
EXPENISVE!! I live in British Columbia - lower mainland - need I say more?

Jhar55

Medalist
On way home last night they drop the price to 2.89 / 2.88 and it was still the same this morning. But I think it will go back up to over $3.00 by early next week or just in time for the last summer holiday weekend.