Thread: USFSA events television schedule is up

Hybrid View

I should be studying!

USFSA events television schedule is up

http://www.usfsa.org/Event_TV_Schedule.asp

Well, some of Skate America and a little of the US nationals will be shown on broadcast television.

I see that all three of the cheesefests are scheduled to be broadcast live. I wonder what kind of format they will have and who will be skating?

Down With It
    On the "other" side, the ladies free at Nationals is scheduled for the afternoon instead of at night. Also the men's free is now on ESPN2.

The ladies short at SA is going to be on ABC now. I don't ever remember them showing the short programs.

I should be studying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I see that all three of the cheesefests are scheduled to be broadcast live. I wonder what kind of format they will have and who will be skating?
    The answer to your question is supposed to come "next week."

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_story.asp?id=35107

Quote Originally Posted by Alsace
    The answer to your question is supposed to come "next week."

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_story.asp?id=35107
    Hmm. The dreaded "unique competition format." Now my curiousity is really piqued, LOL.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Hmm. The dreaded "unique competition format." Now my curiousity is really piqued, LOL. MM
    It would definitely mean no CoP! or even 6.0!

If the competitions are international, I don't think they can have Peter Carruthers as a 'reality' judge telling a foreign skater that she had too many falls, or her jumps were off. (The skater knows that!)

In an international setting, one must be diplomatic. I can not see a panel of boobs telling foreign skaters what their problems were.

Like MM, I can not figure this out. Does anyone have a speculation on what kind of competition it will be?

Joe

Pure speculation, but if they drag out the same-old same olds – Michelle and Sasha for team USA, Irina heading up the international crew – then it will have to be some kind of team contest with exhibition style programs only.

Maybe the mega-stars of the past can still draw an audience. But I think USFS is missing a great opportunity if they don’t grab the bull by the horns and go with Kimmie, Mao and Yu-na.

Then again, remember those events where they put one lady and one man together in teams of two? (Michelle and Matt Savoie won one of those, once).

Michelle and Evan
    Sasha and Johnny
    Irina and Evgeni (oops, no fair – we have to split those two up)
    Shizuka and Takahashi
    Kimmie and Lambiel (the “world champions” team)
    Mao and Oda
    Joannie and Buttle