USFSA events television schedule is up | Page 2 | Golden Skate

USFSA events television schedule is up

MM - If we take 4 minutes for each US skater; 2 minutes to get on the ice; 3 minutes in kiss and cry. We have 9 minutes x 4 skaters or 36 minutes per division or 72 minutes for both boys and girls. (Already more than l hour). Add on 2 international skaters each division and the total is 108 minutes (or almost 2 hours) Add on the commericials and Gannons introductory and closing blurbs. And then probably there will be exhibitions by I&B and B&A. It'll be a tight schedule for the program.

They will invite as many skaters who accept this gig from abroad. Remember all the rejects last year. Not nice to say but maybe Meier will be one to accept by default. the JapaneseOpen gave them a lot of competition.

Money is important to the non-American skater. the glory of winning Campbells has a quick death after a poor showing in the GP comps.

Joe

That's a good point about scheduling, Joe. With commercials and features, they usually show only five -- sometimes six -- skaters per hour on the tape delayed broadcasts. If they are really going to show it live in a two hour time slot, they will have to squeeze it down.

You are probably right: 4 U.S. skaters in each discipline, plus whichever two international stars they can get to do it. (Meier and Korpi would be all right with me. :) )

MM

Jhar55

Medalist
Only complaint with the ABC schedule they didn't tell us which network the event is on, so Heathers schedule is a lot better even though it's not complete yet.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've never paid much attention to the USFS TV schedule. Heather's is the only one I follow.

Heather's schedule was last updated on July 7th. I assume that the extra details (like which events will be on ABC and which will be on ESPN) which are listed in the USFS announcement will be incorporated into Heather's schedule the next time around.

I guess they can't release some of these details until all the i's are dotted on the contracts. For instance, there was some concern when Skate America, Skate Canada and U.S. nationals were announced last month without any sponsors named. This led to speculation that maybe some of the sponsorship was in jeopardy.

Not to worry. Now it's Smarts Ones Skate America, Mastercard Skate Canada and State Farm U.S. Championships as expected. :)

lisadotdash

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
Mathman- Skate America is 11 days after the Campbells. Those foreign skaters scheduled for SA are not about to do a cheesefest unless they stay in the country for 11 days. Think Campbells will foot their hotel bill?

As to the Usual Suspects showing up, I am sure they will think: Been There Done That - unless of course there is some money under the table in addition to the expenses and the prize money. There is no glory in Cheesefests. Money there is.

And Michelle Kwan all healed????

Joe
;)

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an ISU rule that states that any international competition must use COP? Which would mean that, if they had international skaters, and it wasn't going to be a straight-forward competiton that it would either have to be an exhibition or some kind of team competiton with COP scoring a la Japanese open.

Also, what genius scheduled
2007 State Farm U.S. Championships (Exhibition)
2/18 4 pm-6 pm ABC
ISU Four Continents Championships
2/18 4 pm-7 pm ESPN

And Grand Prix Final and Kristy's Family and friends overlap as well although they are on different networks so I can't insult someone over it.