I think I just bought a condo | Golden Skate

I think I just bought a condo

G

guinevere

I think I just bought a condo

..or a co-op, I should say.

I have been looking for almost a year (I have a hard time with commitment :lol: ), really seriously since January, and today I found a very inexpensive (for where I live) co-op that needs work. My offer has been accepted, and now I am totally freaked out!

If you couldn't tell, I'm a first-time buyer - although I have looked at literally hundreds of places in the last 6 months, so I feel like it should all be old hat. I have only made one other offer, on a really nice place, but the owner wouldn't come down enough for me (considering a 6-story apartment building is about to break ground right next door). I had just about given up and was starting to look for a new apartment or shared housing.

Anyway, I'm at work, it's too late to call anyone, and I just had to tell someone.

Aaaaahhhh!

guinevere

G

Grgranny

Re: I think I just bought a condo

How exciting for you. Hope all goes smoothly now. Just take everything slowly when it unpacking and don't try to do too much at one time. If you have questions, Realtorgal is really helpful.

S

Show 42

Contrats and enjoy!!! 42

E

eltamina

Congratulations, have fun decorating:)

G

guinevere

Re: CondoGal

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I think I've worked through the worst of my panic about being tied down to this place for the rest of my life ;) - what's funny is that I've lived in my present apartment for 7 years! I am extremely sad to leave it, in fact. But I am feeling pretty good about having something that's mine, and am really looking forward to doing the renovations.

Packing - oooh, that one's gonna be tough. 7 years of accumulating junk is gonna be hard to wade through!

guinevere

S

Show 42

Re: CondoGal

........guinevere.......can you say.....Yard Sale!!! :D 42

G

guinevere

Re: yard sale

Show...already had one! Actually, I tagged on to my neighbor's - but I will probabnly be having a yard sale every weekend until I move :lol:

guinevere

R

rgirl181

Show,
I had to laugh when Show made the typo "Contrats and enjoy!" because from here on in it is "Contracts and enjoy!" :rollin:

Guinevere,
Congratulations! Have fun but be ready for buyer's remorse. Even if you got the best deal in the history of the world, you'll feel it. Also be ready for everything to start breaking that's <em>your</em> responsibility to pay for. The stuff the coop's responsible for somehow never breaks.:rolleyes: It's a great thing. And just keep reminding yourself, now you have something with equity! No more just pouring rent down the drain--yay!
Rgirl

S

Show 42

Yikes, RGirl, I'm on vacation and my mind has left for Vegas without me.........I think I'll leave it as Contrats......maybe I've coined a new word!!!!!:D 42

K

Kzarah

guinevere
We just moved into a house after my partner having lived in the same appartment for 20 years and myself having lived there for 12 years. We had last minute notice that we got the house and had to weeks to pack up and get out. About the garage sale, it sounds good but it is much more work than I am prepared to do. We have our garage piled so high with boxes that it will be at least a year before we get to any of it.
Daniel and Little Lulu

G

guinevere

re: Buyer's Remorse

oh, Rgirl, I've already started in with the Buyer's Remorse! There's part of me that's even hoping my loan won't go through!!

But, yes, I know that this is a good step, and I am looking forward to owning something. And having lived somewhere that I had to fix anything that broke (if I watned it fixed) anyway, that shouldn't be a huge problem. I just hope nothing major breaks in the first 6 months!

Daniel, congratulations on your new home as well! I can imagine that 12/20 years of accumulation in one place would make for a daunting garage sale - but hopefully you will get to it before too long (if not, well, that's what garages are for, right?).

guinevere