Will Weir ever win a World medal? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Will Weir ever win a World medal?

Will Weir ever win a World medal(any color)

• yes he will win atleast 1 World medal

Votes: 77 49.0%
  • yes he will win multiple World medals

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • no he will never win a World medal

Votes: 46 29.3%

• Total voters

goodbyemylover

Rinkside
Johnny Weir is an unpredictable animal...

First off this year, I feel he is losing his National title to Lysacek. If he holds onto it, it'll be surprising; unless Lysacek gets nervous or is too hurt to compete. This isn't so much that Lysacek is a much better skater; Weir is currently too unfocused.

Weir isn't the skater he's trying to portray himself as in the 2006-2007 season. The choreography, the costumes, the "trying not to offend anybody," all of this is part of the trouble. He has a slight, beautiful, feminine twist to his skating, and a style that is unconscious and mysterious. The more he tries to consciously distance himself from this, the more trouble he'll have with "getting into" his programs. "Himself" is what fans love, and what wins him medals. The rest of the reasons aren't my business, so I won't get into them.

When he gets re-focused again, he'll prove he's not just hype. Yes, he's going to win a World medal. It could even be of the Gold variety. Johnny Weir is talented and regardless of how it looks, he is driven.

He's like dear Emanuel Sandhu; we all know he can do it, we're just waiting for the when. (Most "big named" skaters are wonderfully talented, just in different ways. All of them have the potential to medal.)