Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rudy & Johnny pairs lifts

I'm sure i've seen an off-ice picture of Rudy in a star lift, being lifted by an elligible skater from one of last year's tours...anyone remember the picture? I want to say it was Maxim Marinin that was lifting him but cannot say for sure.

Ant

Custom Title
    I just read a report from this year's final COI stop, in Vegas.
    http://p203.ezboard.com/fjohnnyweirm...cID=1278.topic

It says that after the throw jump, they did side by side triples.

A. Y. & E. P.: Tzars Of The Ice, Lords Of The Rink anya_angie's Avatar
    This is a beautiful idea! I hope they get in shape and are able to do well at the next Gay Games in 2010!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I'm sure i've seen an off-ice picture of Rudy in a star lift, being lifted by an elligible skater from one of last year's tours...anyone remember the picture? I want to say it was Maxim Marinin that was lifting him but cannot say for sure.

Ant
    It was Garrett Lucash lifting Rudy, backstage at COI. Skater guys lift and throw each other all the time. I've seen all the male pair skaters at my rink fooling around doing throws with each other. And they try to lift each other too, although it doesn't always work out! Sometimes the girls pretend to throw the boys, which is funny. I think Tiffany Scott threw Rusty into an axel in a show last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonskater View Post
    It was Garrett Lucash lifting Rudy, backstage at COI. Skater guys lift and throw each other all the time. I've seen all the male pair skaters at my rink fooling around doing throws with each other. And they try to lift each other too, although it doesn't always work out! Sometimes the girls pretend to throw the boys, which is funny. I think Tiffany Scott threw Rusty into an axel in a show last year.
    That was it - Garrett Lucash!

I think Peggy Swarz and Mirko Muller used to do a "throw" axel where she threw him in exhibitions too.

Ant

I have seen Rena Inoue throw John Baldwin, just fooling around in practice. I don't know whether they ever did it in an exhibition program, for fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2