Cohen's beauty and polish not appreciated? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Cohen's beauty and polish not appreciated?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I happen to be frustrated with people referring to me as a fan of hers (and also am not a big fan of "wannabe actresses") so therefore my recent comments about her.
Why are you frustrated??? I have asked this at least 7 times and not understood your response. It seems like Sasha has a lot of power over you that you become frustrated at the mention of her name.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
Why are you frustrated??? I have asked this at least 7 times and not understood your response.

Nah, it just happens ALL the time. And when something happens frequently it begins to bug you. Also, the thing I explained earlier about "Sasha fan" being a negative term (Were you part of GS when it was still EZBoard?). You can replace Cohen's name with any other skater and I would still be annoyed...but it's the history of this forum and GS posters using that term that bugs me the most. In other words, being a Sasha fan (or even being thought of as one, which was the case with me) used to be a BAD, bad thing. That's all.

Throw on top of that the fact that if I were to like ANY skater...any skater at all...it simply would NOT be her. There are many other reasons for me not to like her. It builds and builds and then you get what this thread turned into...:mad: :cry:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nah, it just happens ALL the time. And when something happens frequently it begins to bug you. That's all.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :confused: :confused: :confused: :scratch: :scratch:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee- I've totally lost you now. I've explained the situation the best I could, and honestly, I'm really quite tired of talking about this. The key to the whole thing is after the part you quoted.

Fossi

Final Flight
The funniest thing, IMO, is that Red Dog is a HUGE Cohen fan and denies it, but everyone knows it. :rofl: :chorus: :p

There is nothing wrong with being a Cohen fan. She has a ton.

My favorite is Sarah Hughes :love: , and I am not ashamed of it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
There is nothing wrong with being a Cohen fan. She has a ton.

Of course there's nothing wrong with being a Cohen fan. You just get bashed all the time for it. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing at all. :cool:

If people didn't think I was a fan of hers I'll bet you $10,000 that I wouldn't get 50% of the heat I do now.

The vast majority of Cohen's fans on these forums are little girls (and teen girls). Will showing you a picture of me FINALLY put this thing six feet under?? :mad: :mad: :banging: Do I LOOK like a teen girl to you? :rofl: :rofl:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I would have to say for all the "flack" RD is getting he is taking it very well.:agree:

Right on RD, way to be pretty cool about the whole thing, We really should be focusing our attention on things other than, other members anyway.

RD, is that a picture of a tattoo on your arm? (not following my own advice hee hee)

Lanie

On the Ice
Of course there's nothing wrong with being a Cohen fan. You just get bashed all the time for it. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing at all. :cool:

If people didn't think I was a fan of hers I'll bet you $10,000 that I wouldn't get 50% of the heat I do now.

The vast majority of Cohen's fans on these forums are little girls (and teen girls). Will showing you a picture of me FINALLY put this thing six feet under?? :mad: :mad: :banging: Do I LOOK like a teen girl to you? :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, they are. It's driving me insane over at SashaFans. :laugh: Granted I've been watching Sasha since I was a teenager and I'm about a year and a half younger than Sasha...

brinababy87

Rinkside
But RD, I really think you do like Cohen! You're just the kind of fan my dad is. He likes to be the biggest skeptic for his basketball team, so when they're losing, he can say, "See? I told you so! The team sucks!" He's secretly upset that they're losing, but gets some consolation that at least he's right. With a skater like Cohen, one would be best off staying skeptical, because for the most part she won't live up to fan expectations.

I might be off base though. I haven't extensively studied your posts or anything, that's just the impression I got from what posts of yours I have come across. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
But RD, I really think you do like Cohen! You're just the kind of fan my dad is. He likes to be the biggest skeptic for his basketball team, so when they're losing, he can say, "See? I told you so! The team sucks!" He's secretly upset that they're losing, but gets some consolation that at least he's right. With a skater like Cohen, one would be best off staying skeptical, because for the most part she won't live up to fan expectations.

I might be off base though. I haven't extensively studied your posts or anything, that's just the impression I got from what posts of yours I have come across. :)

Good on you (as the Aussies would say) for posting this. I agree, because I'm a fan of many Houston sports teams, yet when they lose I tend to get frustrated and "hate" them. I can see how you'd think I'd feel the same way about Cohen but I'm not sure that's the case. I really don't. (In other words, I've never seen a real knockout performance from her so how do I know what to expect from her other than a cautious performance with two mistakes?) The performances I DO see from her are boring and "safe", IMO. The only performance of hers I can say I really liked (because it was "out of the box") was her 05 Marshall's Don't Rain on my Parade performance. (her R and J performance afterward about put me to sleep though, and I voted for Kwan in the second round).

But in NO situation whatsoever would I consider myself a fan of hers. Not the type of person I'd be a fan of, really.

But I do ask, why Cohen? Why not other skaters? That's the confusing part. Please elaborate!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
But I do ask, why Cohen? Why not other skaters? That's the confusing part. Please elaborate!

Personally I have thought you are a "fan" of Jenny Kirk.

You're not going to answer the Tattoo question are you?

R.D.

Record Breaker
:laugh: no, I don't have any tattoos.

I don't think I would say I'm a FAN of Jenny but she's certainly :love:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:laugh: no, I don't have any tattoos.

I don't think I would say I'm a FAN of Jenny but she's certainly :love:

The mystery of your avatar alludes me:laugh: :rock:

Agree with the Jenny, one of my nephews refers to her as the "that smoken' hot honey skater." He thinks Kyra and Tanith have nothing on her.

Are you a "fan" of any lady? I think you said you weren't, I shouldn't really be asking anyway - it is none of my business. Sorry, but now I think everyone is going to start asking, "who's RDs Favorite?" And you know some one is going to say Sasha again.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Sean- I've been here for over four years and that question has been asked plenty of times. It doesn't really matter in the end, does it?

Who is Kyra? Tanith isn't bad either, but maybe a bit "thin" for my taste.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well, "matter,".... as I said before, none of my business - agree - just was curious. I guess I shouldn't ask anyway because you did say
Throw on top of that the fact that if I were to like ANY skater...any skater at all...
Sorry for asking "Again." I 'spose mystery is some of your appeal, so play it up.:agree: Nuf said / asked.;)

Kiira, oops.

rain

Record Breaker
Wanted to reply here to the original question: whether or not Sasha is adequately appreciated by the judges.
And I have to say: yes.
I'm a huge fan of Sasha's skating — always have been. However, her not having won a World title or an Olympic title comes down to not a question of her having been robbed, but her not outskating the competition on the given day.
I would have loved nothing more than to see her win the worlds, or the olympics this last season, but she just didn't skate it. It's that simple. I thought she had the best program and certainly the opportunity was there, but she made too many mistakes.
That's not to say, as some others do, that I think she's an also-ran kind of a skater. I disagree with the idea that just because she hasn't won the big Two that she is somehow less. She's won a bucket-load of other titles, and whether or not she ever wins Worlds (I'm still hoping) she's made her mark on the sport.

euterpe

Medalist
Wanted to reply here to the original question: whether or not Sasha is adequately appreciated by the judges.
And I have to say: yes.

That's not to say, as some others do, that I think she's an also-ran kind of a skater. I disagree with the idea that just because she hasn't won the big Two that she is somehow less. She's won a bucket-load of other titles, and whether or not she ever wins Worlds (I'm still hoping) she's made her mark on the sport.

Sasha has won only two titles that can be considered "major": the 2006 US title and the 2002-2003 GPF title.
The others:
GP events: SA 2003; SC 2002 and 2003; Lalique 2002 and 2003.
Finlandia 2001
Crest 2002
Campbell's 2003 and 2005
Marshall's (spring) 2004

Methinks her bucket is only half full....