Prayer Needed... (UPDATED) | Golden Skate

Prayer Needed... (UPDATED)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hey gang, if you could please pray for a family friend of ours and his family. Mr. Tony was life flighted to the hospital from Kenai here to Anchorage a couple of nights ago with a blood infection. My parents didn't let me know until today (go figure, I'm never told anything!). Anyway the latest news is that the drs are trying to keep him alive until his kids can make the trip up here (it's a 3 hr drive)... and I'm guessing that was in the last couple of hours...

I'm not going overly emotional, yet, but that's how I deal with these things. I am torn between sitting at home and waiting, or going over there and meeting up with the kids...

he has been raising them alone since 99 when his wife died of a stroke three days after mothers day. His oldest is 20, the youngest is 11 (and my brother's best friend)... there are three boys and three girls. I've no idea what will happen to them should the worst occur...

Just keep the family in your prayers. I'm not sure how much more tragedy they can take...

Update - August 9, 5pm Tony is hanging in there. The doctors have him hooked up to a machine that is connected to his lungs (not sure if it's a respirator or what) and they say that is the main problem at this point. They've paralyzed him in order to do this. The machine is doing 95% of the work, but now the doctors say he has a 50/50 chance, which is a little bit better from what we'd heard this morning.

Last edited:

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
Aw! :cry: I'm so sorry! I hope he pulls through, he definitely has a lot to live for, and I'm sure it will all work out. My best!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
How awful. Of course I will (have) pray for you. Sure hope things get better.:love: :thumbsup:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Most definitely, all the best hopes and energy is earnestly sent Mr. Tony's way.

I had the same kind of parents who told me nothing. Everyone knew except me. How stupid that was, and to this day, I hold it against them.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't hold it against them... it's something I've gotten used to... they forget I'm not around to hear the news it seems lol

no news since last I chatted with them... :(

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Golly Toni, this is a tough situation. Keep us updated, please.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sorry for the lack of updates... been busy

there's been no change since last updated... however I DO need to fix what I was told... bad info lol... he's not just having his lungs worked on... he's in a drug induced coma and is on life support and dialysis [sp?] he has a 50-50 chance according to the drs, but that just means he could go either way. A lot of people are staying optimistic, but dad and the dr. he works with both say at this point it will take a miracle... he only has one lung working and it's at about 25%... so yeah... :(

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Toni, any idea how/where the original infection started? Sounds like multiple system failure. Still praying for all of you. Stay strong (((((Toni))))) I knowyour support means a lot to him and his family.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
all I know is he went into the hospital down in Kenai and they found a blood infection and they medivac-ed him up here...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok apparently he is out of the coma (woot!) but is still at the 25% lung thing (I seriously have no idea what I'm talking about, can you tell) but he's awake/alert and has been able to identify people he's talking to

the drs were supposed to pow-wow today to figure out what to do next... have not heard anything since this afternoon..

Well, praise God - no matter what, he is able to speak to his family again.

Health crises are gruelling for everyone - it's very important to have many people involved so that when one loved one gives out, another can step in. And so no one person has to bear the whole burden. And prayers mean a great deal to those in crisis. I"m sure your family's support means a lot, Tonichelle, and I'll keep Mr Tony & his family in prayer.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That is good news Toni, I hope he stays on the road to recover even more!!!:rock: I am sure that was great for his family to have him come out and recognize them.