Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting sick of reality t.v.

well put my name down as one of the moronic idiots who enjoys American Idol... I didn't realize watching one show brought my IQ level down that far

I do have the TV on most of the time I'm home, as background noise... I do have a lot of favorite prime time shows, but when you're in Alaska, there's only so much book reading one can do... books are too expensive, I'm with Sean, I'd much prefer to read on my computer screen... where more of my interests are readily available...

IMO reality TV is no better or worse than any other TV programing. So unless you are spending all of your spare time volunteering for doctors without borders, habitat for humanity or some other noble ventures quit criticising something as trivial as someone's TV watching habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel View Post
    IMO reality TV is no better or worse than any other TV programing. So unless you are spending all of your spare time volunteering for doctors without borders, habitat for humanity or some other noble ventures quit criticising something as trivial as someone's TV watching habits.

I agree with Piel and others. Anything you do is what you make of it. Even 'idiot' programming can provoke some deeper thought or show you a different perspective. Beauty & the Geek is an example - the guys usually learn that pretty women are not neccesarily confident and the girls learn to look beyond the physical. There are also plenty of qualilty shows - 30 Days, Prison Break, Lost, etc. Sitcoms bring laughter, etc.

Also, trends are cyclical. 'Reality' tv is what sitcoms were in the late 70's into early 80's. Then, we had a saturation of primetime soaps like Dynasty, Dallas, etc. Then we had cop shows, then medical shows. How many versions of CSI do we really need or Law & Order. Well, they are both great shows and there's definitely an audience. So, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I agree with Piel and others. Anything you do is what you make of it. Even 'idiot' programming can provoke some deeper thought or show you a different perspective. Beauty & the Geek is an example - the guys usually learn that pretty women are not neccesarily confident and the girls learn to look beyond the physical. There are also plenty of qualilty shows - 30 Days, Prison Break, Lost, etc. Sitcoms bring laughter, etc.

Also, trends are cyclical. 'Reality' tv is what sitcoms were in the late 70's into early 80's. Then, we had a saturation of primetime soaps like Dynasty, Dallas, etc. Then we had cop shows, then medical shows. How many versions of CSI do we really need or Law & Order. Well, they are both great shows and there's definitely an audience. So, to each his own.
    That was a great post heyang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2