"Varekai!" | Golden Skate

"Varekai!"

R

rgirl181

"Varekai!"

On Bravo last night was the TV debut of Cirque du Soleil's "Varekai!" I think this is the best show they've done yet, though I haven't seen the one with all horse acts. This one really flies and I think is artistic and athletic without getting precious.

In fact, there is one duet that I think has a lot of great moves for pairs skating. (Hey, Joe! Cirque du Soleil moves in pairs skating!:p )

Also, although it didn't affect how I felt about the show, I enjoyed the behind the scenes series that showed the nine months that go into creating a Cirque du Soleil show. I think it was called "The Fire Within." Eh title but interesting reality show.

If anyone else saw it what did you think?
Rgirl

K

Kzarah

Re: "Varekai!"

We are CDS Family so of course I watched. I will work the box office when the show tours here in January of next year. I wondered about the pair moves that might develope from some of the Adadgio act. How did you like the Kosac dancing?, ( the Rusian dancers) I am really looking forward to seeing them.
Love Daniel and Little Lulu

K

Kzarah

I would also like to add that CDS worked on lifts with Brassuer and Issler.
Daniel and Little Lulu

J

Joesitz

I generally move quickly when Cirque du Soleil is on but if I do not move quickly, I am glued to it. It's just so stunning.

Everyone, give yourself a treat sometime and see it LIVE. Increible.

Joe

G

Grgranny

I was going to watch it this afternoon and got interested in Misfits and missed it. I have watched it a little but I don't really ever just sit and watch tv unless it's skating. And then I usually am doing ironing or something.

H

heyang

I missed the broadcast of Varekai, but I'm sure I'll catch it eventually.

Cirque d'Soleil is really quite a site to see. I saw Allegria and Quidam while they were in NYC. Also, saw Mystere at Treasure Island and Oh at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Wish I had seen Dralion. They were all the same, yet very different.

I tried getting tickets for Varekai, but didn't care for the seats available on the dates I checked. Since I've seen 4 of the shows, I really don't want to attend unless the seats are worthwhile.