Arakawa vs Suguri at the Olympics! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Arakawa vs Suguri at the Olympics!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At Torino, Fumie doubled the flip in her 3F2T combination and got negative GOE on her 3T and on the 2A2T combination. She didn't fall like Sasha and Irina, but her performance was not clean.

R.D.

Record Breaker
ah, thanks for the clarification. With so many people falling, it was kind of hard to tell. :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I thought she went clean in the FS at the Olympics?

I guess that depends on what is meant "specifically" by "clean."

Dick complained / commented on her extensions and quality of spins. Lines coming out of jumps - which I guess I can see because she lands so lightly that the edge doesn't just "force a line out" - JAT.

Anyhoo, OLYs 06 - had to pull out the back up in full size on the TV, and it appears chuckm is on the money.
LP
•3/2 clean
•3 clean
•2 "cleanish" but 'spose to be a triple eh?
•dropped off edges going into the comb spin from camel pos and dropping to catch foot quite a bit
•3 AWESOME HIGH! Great edge out
•2/2 good edge out
•3t struggled on the landing just a touch
•2/2 but used 1/4 cheat both and was "woobley" on the edges
•spin clean no travel ("attitude" needs)
•foot work clean but not the flare like in her Jupiter program or the SP
•combo spin traveled a foot or so and switched legs and traveled back
•The final position of that had 6' travel
And with more review I think there were some speed issues. I need to keep the "Fumie goggles" off.

SP - was awesome IMO - No change but I think I missed something?
•3l2t clean
•3f clean with great speed
•2a was a perfect into into a combo spin with little travel - some to start (but out of a 2a I think acceptable)
•Some good footwork with great expression (Gave that smile that melts me little heart:love: ) and kept the rhythm almost ever step and beat better then most ever have / can. IMO
•last combo was nice but it slowed down and a little travel.
Steady edges throughout

Last edited: