Rosters are up | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Rosters are up

AliasJohnDoe

Rinkside
What steps could B/A take to enhance their FD for this season? Their OD has great potential and could possibly help them hang on to their spot on the world podium, provided that their FD scores are not too low. With the strong FDs of the Bulgarians, French, Canadians, B/A will likely need to gain an advantage in the CD and OD portions in order to make up for their weak FD. What are your thoughts?

Keep the OD, Dump the new FD, and have "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" ready by Worlds.

lanadd

On the Ice
It is interesting to me that in the first half of Michelle Kwan's carreer she skated to a great variety of relatively unknown music. Taj Mahal, Lyra Angelica, the Red Violin, the Black Swan -- one after another. This was the music that her coach Frank Carroll and her choreographer Lori Nichol chose for her. I got the impression that this music kept pushing Michelle out of her comfort zone, and she was constantly striving to do justice to the music.

After 2002, when she "took control of her own skating," she settled back into old standbys -- Aranjuez, Tosca, Bolero.

Yes all the skaters should do their programs on Bolero, Tosca, The Swan ect, well if you're ok, i've got sick from listening the same music all the time!!! A program who intend to compete for a top spot needs to be different, original and difficult.Thats why the FD of D/S is on the top the last 2 competitions!!! And you get over it.End:rock: :rock:

Last edited:

lanadd

On the Ice
just as calling a composers music 'awful' so is calling someone on their opinion because you just feel they must not know they were talking about... except for the fact that one is an opinion (rain's) and one is just outright false (your comment on rain never hearing the music before)

hate to rain on anyone's parade, but one man's mozart is another man's crap(oh and just in case this is somehow thought to be my way of saying Mozart is crap, get over it I enjoy listening to his compositions once in a while, but being a brass player I don't listen to it much)... get over it and move on.

Why do you think anyone care about your opinion on Mozart so much?:rofl: Maybe probably the Mozart itself?:rofl: Well i don't know how the people who like it could get over your opinion.It will be very hard. :rofl: Say whatever you want for anybody, however i must admit that at least it sounds funny

RDiva

Rinkside
Tonichelle, Mathman, i can't believe i am reading such a nonsenses in your posts. That made me even register so i can reply you. Even if you have a music degree in education(although reading your posts i doubt you have higher then high school diploma) you're still not deserving to critisize the music of Mozart ,Metallica or any other musicians who proved themselves in the time. Otherwise nobody wants you to like or listen to them. Which doesn't make you bad or noneducated or anything like this. Criticizing such talents in music makes you look stupid in my eyes. Speaking of f.skating why not, even Metalica's music is ок- for example Joubert's program - i find it great.... The point is not so much in the music but for the talent of the choreographer and the skaters.

sunnyskate

Spectator
I never thought of the Kerr's program in that way at all. Maybe it's because I'm thinking more of the music than of the theme portrayed half the time. I guess whatever spin whoever wants to take on the costumes is fine but they definitely looked like a far cry from the stereotypical "Indian" dolls I used to get at the gift shop in Letchworth State Park! (That's in NY state for anyone who isn't aware).