Rosters are up | Golden Skate

Rosters are up

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Be careful about relying upon the rosters until the event starts -- the grid for dance was updated the other day for Drobiazko/Vanagas' withdrawal and the substitutions at SA and SC, but the rosters were still showing D/V on the them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The rosters were updated on 8/11. Drobiazko/Vanagas have been replaced at both SA and SC.

I ALWAYS use the ENTRIES files as the first authority on who is in and who is out. The rosters tend to be updated secondarily.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I am glad Lambiel is in this event. If he is healthy it will be a pretty easy win for him against this field. The womens will feature a real Japanese battle. The pairs will feature a head to head duel between Shen/Zhou and the Zhangs which should be interesting to see what happens in.

4dogknight

Final Flight
As of 8-29 ISU Ice Dance entries roster on ISU:

Anastasia Gorshkova / Ilia Tkchenko (RUS) have withdrawn from TEBC and NHK competitions because they have retired.
No replacements announced as of this date.

Alexandra Kauc / Michal Zych (POL) are added in the TBA position.

4dogknight

Final Flight
9-6-06 ISU Ice Dance entries roster on ISU:

Replacement for Anastasia Gorshkova / Ilia Tkchenko (RUS) are posted for TEBC and this event.
TEBC - Luke and Laura Munana (MEX)

NHK - Fan Yang / Chongbo Gao (CHN)
This is the pair's first GP assignment. Anyone have further information about this team?

Silvio Smalun is listed as Retired on the 9/6/06 ISU Men's Entries roster for this event. Silvio was also slated to compete in SC.

4dk

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Yang/Gao have been the #1 team in China in 2001 and 2003-5. They were 22nd and 23rd at the 2004 and 2005 World Championships, and10th, 6th, and 10th at the 2003-5 4C's

ISU Bio

I thought they had retired after not winning an Olympic qualifying spot at Karl Schaefer. Yu/Wang placed 7th at 4C's and 22nd at Worlds last year.

According to their bio, Wang/Meng didn't compete last year. Huang/Zheng competed in Juniors last year and placed a respectable 10th at 4C's.

I guess they "unretired."

4dogknight

Final Flight
ISU Pairs Roster (9/12/06) for GP NHK:

Galit Chait / Sergei Sakhnovski (ISR) have withdrawn from both GP assignments, Cup of China and NHK.

Speculation abounds but not much in the way of facts. Ideas anyone?

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
Rebecca Hande / Daniel Wende (GER) have withdrawn from the GP series and Marina Aganina / Artem Knyazev (UZB) have withdrawn from the NHK event. They will be completing in the Cup of China event.
There are no announced replacements for either team as of this date.
ISU GP Pairs Roster

Fang Yang / Chongbo Gao (CHN) have withdrawn from the GP series with no replacement announced as yet.
ISU GP Ice Dance