MKFSfan

Medalist
Last edited:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh definitely, Paul Wylie and Robin Cousins had the best male spirals I've seen. Beautiful! :rock:

Vash01

Medalist
My vote goes to Robin Cousins and Paul Wylie also. Great position, edge control, musicality.

MKFSfan

Medalist
Paul Wylie:
http://www.windweaver.com/ewc/paul1013_23.jpg

Hm...my votes for extension and positions goes to Shawn Sawyer and Rohene Ward-they can put many of the ladies to shame with their positions! But the veterans, Paul, Robin, etc. have amazing edges and blade control. Just solid skating. I can't decide what impresses me more, it'slike WOW factor Vs. great, strong basic skating!

the key for male spirals is for the men to actually still seem and act like men when doing so. Men should not do the following things on the ice:

1. layback spins
2. bielmann spins
3. catch foot spin
4. that ridicolous catch spin brian boitano used to do
5. Ina bauer

All of those moves look questoinable to me when a guy does them. If men actually looked and acted like men when they stake, I think a lot of the stereotypes against male figure skaters would be dismissed. just my opinion!

floskate

On the Ice
the key for male spirals is for the men to actually still seem and act like men when doing so. Men should not do the following things on the ice:

1. layback spins
2. bielmann spins
3. catch foot spin
5. Ina bauer

All of those moves look questoinable to me when a guy does them. If men actually looked and acted like men when they stake, I think a lot of the stereotypes against male figure skaters would be dismissed. just my opinion!

That's the most narrow-minded, prejudiced pile of crappola I've read on a skating board in a long time. :mad:
Oh and that Brian Boitano catchfoot is actually better known as the Cranston camel. :rolleye:
So what would you have the men do? Go back to monkey suits and have their hands bound at the waist so they "skate like men"?????

Keep doing the gumby moves guys - you who can rock my world!!!! :rock:

antmanb

Record Breaker

1. layback spins
2. bielmann spins
3. catch foot spin
5. Ina bauer

And its an opinion that i find offensive and narrow minded and couldn't disagree more with.

Ant

And its an opinion that i find offensive and narrow minded and couldn't disagree more with.

Ant

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I maintain that MENS skating is MENS skating and not woMENS skating. The whole "narrow mindeded and offensive" thing is sooo old. Better yet, lets go back to all the guys wearing skin tight spandex blue bodysuits and Cranston spins. :rofl: