Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Movies that still make you Cry?

Movies that still make you Cry?

Movies you have seen more then once and got the tears or "swelling sniffles" coming each time...

The Princess Bride
    Ice Castles
    Mulan - most Disney animated or not.
    Memoirs of a Geisha
    Spirited Away
    Somewhere In Time
    Eat Drink Man Woman - like 6 times in the movie
    Rase The Red Lantern
    It's a Wonderful life

What is it about Movies, or the stinking Lifetime channel, Oh and the torture of the "Hallmark Movies?"

For me It would be just about any movie that has the Romantic factor involved. Especially those "Happy Crys," And if I see a girl in the theater crying I am a loss then and forever with that movie.

Funny thing though, real situations or even Documentaries and sad news usually don't get to me (sometimes FS has got me too). Even attended to a death roadside and didn't choke up and still don't thinking about it, CPR / First Aid training I guess. But every once and a while.....

Or don't movies make you ever cry?
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-12-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: last question

Steele Magnolias - the scene at Shelby's grave when M'lynn breaks down gets me every time

West Side Story - when Tony dies

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Somewhere in Time....always gets me

Fiddler on the Roof...."Sunrise, Sunset" is SO bittersweet. And at the end when they're showing the three daughters in a ballet sequence, I totally choke up.

Schindler's List...obviousley sad. Very bittersweet at the end, when the workers give Oskar that gold ring.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel View Post
    Steele Magnolias - the scene at Shelby's grave when M'lynn breaks down gets me every time
    Me TOO. Sally Field is such a good actress.

Phantom of the Opera where Raul is at Christines grave.

Schindler's List - especially when Oskar Schindler said, "I could have done more."

Mr. Holland's Opus - when Mr. Holland is honored with his students performing his symphony

Dragon Heart always makes me weep!

Has anyone seen Seal Morning? That movie scarred my childhood!

My Mom banned my brother and I from watching the Fox and the Hound when we were little because we would cry the whole day through when we watched it!

I understand the younger generation do not like to look at black and white films. Well, if you want a good cry try a film called "Penny Serenade" with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.

Joe

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    "The Color Purple"

The FIRST part that gets me is when Mister throws Nettie out of the house and seperates (literally) her and Celie and sends her down the road by throwing rocks at her. And the last scene always gets me, too. Wow. I'm tearing up just thinking about it..... And it seems to me the last time I saw it, there was a THIRD scene that got to me for some reason that didn't before, but it's been a while and I can't remember what point it was now.

Custom Title
    Speaking of Black & White, Waterloo Bridge with Vivien Leigh is a pretty good tear jerker.
    So's The Man who came for Christmas, a forgotten William Holden (I think) effort.

This is not a movie, but there is a version of Den lille pige med solstikkerne(The Little Matchstick Girl) by Hans Christian Andersen on one of my CD's, except it's a kitten instead of a little girl.......oh my........

Custom Title
    Harold & Maude. Every single time and I'll bet I've watched it 50 times.

Oh, and Stella Dallas.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    To Kill a Mockingbird
    The Yearling
    The Grass Harp

...to name a few....

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Schindler's List - especially when Oskar Schindler said, "I could have done more."
    is that the line or is it "I could have gotten[saved?] just one more" ? I've only seen the film once, and I was 14... so I didn't appreciate it the way I probably would now

I need to remember to rent it next time I'm at blockbuster... one of Spielberg's best!

anyway movies that make me cry

Father of the Bride (remake)
    The DisneyWorld Vacation Planning Kit (but I think that's just me getting excited for Duane lol)

I don't tend to cry at movies, even if they are extremely emotional... as Chandler Bing would say "I'm dead inside!"

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    ... as Chandler Bing would say "I'm dead inside!"
    Toni, you crack me up!!

I cry at the end of Schindler's List too..........what a powerful movie.

Oh shoot, now I can't think of the name of the movie but it's an oldie. The mother is black (very dark) and she's a maid for a wealthy woman. Her daughter is black but has light skin and she seemed ashamed that she was black. Anyhow the wealthy woman is very good to the mother and daughter. The black mother dies and wants to have white horses pulling her body in a coach. The end of the story shows the daughter running after the coach crying......Mama, Mama.

Flight 93

Bambi

thanks

I forgot one: "What A Girl Wants" (Amanda Bynes, Colin Firth) ... total daddy's girl movie!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast