Movies that still make you Cry? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Movies that still make you Cry?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
One that always get's me is Pay It Forward. I cannot watch that movie, ever.

Rent, Every time I see the movie and every time I see the play, and some times when I listen to the CD.
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, When Jack dies, I always cry.
Roots, I cry all the way through this mini-series.
Pearl Harbour, I cried through that 3 times in theatres.
The Fox and the Hound, and many other disney movies.

Schindler's List- At the end. Oh and he says "I didn't do enough" and Itzhak Stern says "You did so much." Then he talks about the car and the pin. Then he says "I could have gotten one more person... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!"
So iluvtodd and Tonichelle were both right.
hee hee... yeay for both of us being right!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So? He said that "Yagudin Guy" - he should be ashamed... The nerve. The unmittigated gall... I swear these Plushy fans need to be STOPPED!!! :p :laugh:
KW I love the way you think!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know what you mean about the Plushy fans.

Is there a sad dog movie???.....and if there is, would you cry......???

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Oh shoot, now I can't think of the name of the movie but it's an oldie. The mother is black (very dark) and she's a maid for a wealthy woman. Her daughter is black but has light skin and she seemed ashamed that she was black. Anyhow the wealthy woman is very good to the mother and daughter. The black mother dies and wants to have white horses pulling her body in a coach. The end of the story shows the daughter running after the coach crying......Mama, Mama.

"Imitation of Life"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Dee

yeah there's one, I think it's called.. uhhhhhh Old Yeller? (Phoebe: Okay. What kind of sick doggie snuff film is this?)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Schindler's List- At the end. Oh and he says "I didn't do enough" and Itzhak Stern says "You did so much." Then he talks about the car and the pin. Then he says "I could have gotten one more person... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!"
So iluvtodd and Tonichelle were both right.

OK, I missed this whole discussion, but thanks for putting that scene & Oksar Schindler's exact words in context, Theatregirl1122. :bow:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
KW I love the way you think!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know what you mean about the Plushy fans.

Dee

I cried at Fox & the Hound... My husband swears that Where the Red Fern Grows is the ultimate "Men Do Cry" movie... but that and Old Yellar just bore me to tears ~ does that count?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
That is interesting, that is the way I felt too. Like I should be guilty for not crying?

I Highly recommend, Eat Drink Man Woman!

Since you obviously have such great taste in movies, I shall rent this over the weekend...

I forgot two major movies from my list...

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (when she takes that nose dive off the cliff... gets me every time...)

The English Patient: it was sooo long & boring that I started crying because both legs fell asleep and then I got a cramp in my arch... when I stood up, I fell over the seat in front and banged my knee... so much pain...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The English Patient: it was sooo long & boring that I started crying because both legs fell asleep and then I got a cramp in my arch... when I stood up, I fell over the seat in front and banged my knee... so much pain...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't think that counts for a crying movie. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee :laugh: :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Imitation of Life"
That's it Piel, thanks so much. My mind is gone. The ending always gets me. I think it's because my mom always says things like............when I'm gone............:cry: :cry: Guilt, Guilt.

Dee

4dogknight

Final Flight
Here's my list in alphabetical order:

An Affair to Remember
Bambi
Beaches
Dances with Wolves
Dumbo
Cheyenne Autumn
Enemy Mine
Field of Dreams
Fly Away Home
Going My Way
Gorillas in the Mist
Imitation of Life
Ivanhoe
Lassie Come Home
My Dog Skip
Old Yeller
Robin and Marion
Sea of Grass
Stella Dallas
The Great White Hope
The Molly Maguires
The Natural
The Sandlot
The Yearling
White Fang
Yankee Doodle Dandy

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
That scene in "Schindler's List" got to me, too....

Re. "Pay It Forward". When it first came out, Lisa Schwarzbaum, one of the main movie critics for Entertainment Weekly, HATED the movie SO MUCH that she felt COMPELLED to give away the gut-ripper ending IN THE REVIEW WITH NO SPOILER ALERT WHATSOEVER. So not only did that ruin the movie for me, to the point where I didn't even want to see, but it also earned Ms. Schwarzbaum (whose reviews I find pretentious and irritating anyway) a special place on my personal list of people who just need to be thrown into a giant blender..... :scowl: :scowl: :scowl: :laugh:

megsk8z

On the Ice
I forgot one. My Dad took me to see "Love Story" when I was about 14 and I cried and cried.

CB1AB2

Medalist
Ghost = w/ Demi Moore & Patrick Swazye = especially the last scene gets to me

Watership Downs = it's a cartoon about rabbits and one (Hazel) dies and my son thinks it's funny because when he sees me watching it he always says
= watch out the dam in going to break =

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Watership Downs = it's a cartoon about rabbits and one (Hazel) dies and my son thinks it's funny because when he sees me watching it he always says

:agree: Whatership Down, was excellent, pre 80s I believe and John Hurt was the main voice as I remember. Excellent movie.

Yep I checked.

Cartoon???:cool: J/K It's animation was not the quality we come to expect in this day and age.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist

My mom has told me about that movie a few times, and that she cried and cried. We're bunny people, so I'm not sure if I could take seeing it. I've heard the Art Garfunkel song that's in it. It's very sweet and sad.