Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sasha's acting being taken seriously

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    I think it's clear Sasha is keeping all her options open, which is wise. Much like with Sarah, it sounds like she is keeping one foot in the door to the skating world, where all her success/fame have been. I think if she does continue with this acting career, we won't see her eligible again, Vancouver 2010 or otherwise. Sarah has been/is doing the same thing. I believe it's partly a comfort thing, it's what they've done their whole lives, and a PR thing, keeps people hanging on.

Michelle may have been giving the same "one day at a time" song and dance for 4 years, but she also has not pursued other interests. Recently, we've been hearing rumblings of college in Denver or UCLA, but all she's been involved in are COI and fullfilling endorsement committments, as well as rehabbing, so she's still eating, sleeping, living skating.
    I don't know about that -- I've heard that Michelle has continued to take college classes (primarily summer school), and if this is true, then she is pursuing other interests. She also had the job for "Ice Princess" -- talked more about a potential acting career before the film was released than she has after the release. I think that Michelle, like Sasha and Sarah has been pursuing other interests -- the main difference, though, is that I don't think Michelle has yet really found one.

Custom Title
    I don't think Michelle has taken a college course in a while, maybe since summer of 1999, but I could be wrong. you're right, she has done cameos in a couple shows/movies, but I think she did it more as fun, not as pursuing another career. I guess what I mean is Sasha seems serious about acting and modeling and even cooking, as future careers. Michelle appears to be seeking another interest. I hope she can find her niche!

In a recent COI interview Michelle also mentioned politics as something she might eventually be interested in. Maybe going to the White House, meeting (former figure skater) Condoleeza Rice, hobnobbing wth the presdent of China, dating the son of a prominent and politically active family, etc., put a bug in her ear.

The main difference between figure skating and politics: in figure skating, no matter what you do -- win or lose -- everybody loves you. In politics, no matter what you do, everybody hates you.

MM

Custom Title
    I don't know about "everybody loves you" in figure skating.

I think Michelle may be finding her niche. I think she might have seriously considered acting, and after doing cameos (and getting a lot of bad reviews for "Ice Princess", decided that acting was not for her.) Mathman is right -- she has mentioned studying political science (and international relations) with a potential political career -- she sounds a lot more interested in doing that than she ever sounded in psychology (her first choice of major). However, I think it not uncommon for people to find their niche during their college years, and maybe Michelle is one of those.

I'm ok with MK becoming a political scientist. Why not? We have retired figure skaters who have become medical doctors and surgeons. Can you imagine MK getting a job with the State Department and given an Ambassadorship to the Ivory Coast (or whatever it is called now). I believe it has the largest ice skating rink in the world.

Joe

Custom Title
    Well, if a former child movie star can become an ambassador, why not Michelle?

Down With It
    In politics, no matter what you do, everybody hates you.
    how true that is. I do hate all politicians.

I should be studying!
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    (and getting a lot of bad reviews for "Ice Princess", decided that acting was not for her.)
    Was her performance considered that bad in the context of that movie? I really didn't notice, but then, I only watched it once.

Is Ice Princess the one where she plays a Peggy (and Dick) role? I would think that was a cameo also. Of course, I didn't see it. Why would anyone want to critique it?

Joe

Custom Title
    I think it was a cameo role and very brief. It showed her and Brian as commentators and I believe Michelle said something like,"This could be one to watch at the next Olympics." or something. Very brief. The whole movie got poor reviews.

Custom Title
    Yes, but some of the reviewers went out of their way to "comment" on the cameos. There were several of them when the film came out, but this one is still available:

http://www.splicedonline.com/05reviews/iceprincess.html

Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Yes, but some of the reviewers went out of their way to "comment" on the cameos. There were several of them when the film came out, but this one is still available:

http://www.splicedonline.com/05reviews/iceprincess.html
    Tara fans!

Joe

Custom Title
    I just saw Ice Princess this afternoon. Can you say "cheese?!"
    Michelle and Brian didn't appear to be acting to me. Michelle sounded as she would if she was being interviewed by Uncle Dickie or Aunt Peggy after a skate.

Sasha was praised by Michael Damian? Wasn't his most prominent role playing Danny Romalatti on Y&R? Well, then I'm sure praise coming from him certainly means Sasha is the greatest actress since Meryl Strep! Give that girl and Oscar already, and I pray she thanks Michael Damian in her acceptance speech.

I can't wait to see her act!

Quote Originally Posted by Fossi View Post

Sasha was praised by Michael Damian? Wasn't his most prominent role playing Danny Romalatti on Y&R? Well, then I'm sure praise coming from him certainly means Sasha is the greatest actress since Meryl Strep! Give that girl and Oscar already, and I pray she thanks Michael Damian in her acceptance speech.
    Yes, but what'll she wear?

Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3