Thread: Favorite Disney Movie Moments

Hybrid View

Favorite Disney Movie Moments

What moments stand out to you in Disney Movies - I can only assume more than one.

Beauty and the Beast - when Belle Is trying to get back home through the forest and the wolves attack her only to have Beast come and save her.

Mulan - when she takes the weights meant to impair the ability to climb the pole and uses them to her advantage - bringing discipline and strength together was the way to reach the arrow.

Of course "Ice skating" in Bambi and Mary Poppins!

There's a start.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-14-2006 at 05:47 PM.

The scene in "Escape To Witch Mountain" where the coatrack attacks the sheriff because some martian kid is playing the harmonica. Solid proof that as late as the mid-70s, Ed Wood's cinematic stylings were still weilding a great deal of influence over much of Hollywood.

Beauty & the Beast when they 1st dance together in the ballroom. The graphics were amazing.

Lion King when Simba's father died.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Beauty & the Beast when they 1st dance together in the ballroom. The graphics were amazing.

Lion King when Simba's father died.

I think I almost cried throughout that whole movie(LK), might have been the timing of my life. I was baby sitting when I first saw it and when the parents came home they thought something horriable had happened.

Reminds me of Mighty Joe Young, that seemed to me like a movie that asked "how can we get the audience really mad and cry as fast as possible?" The way Joe kept looking and coming to his mom.....OK that hurt!!!!
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-15-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Lady and the Tramp -- the speghetti dinner.

Dumbo -- "Baby of Mine"

Fantasia -- pretty much the whole thing, but especially the alligator and hippo ballet.

Snow White -- the song fest scene.

OT -- All time best Warner Brothers cartoon -- Michigan J. Frog. ("Hello, my honey, hello my baby")

Warner Brothers who needs 'em when you got Disney?

One of the most exciting parts of any Disney Film had to be Prince Phillip's escape from 'The Forbidden Mountain' and Maleficent's turning into a dragon and then she's vanquished... heck I love all of Sleeping Beauty.

Also, Capt. Jack Sparrow's entrance in Curse of the Black Pearl... it's so exciting and typical... until we see the entire picture lol... hilarious and I've not seen an entrance top it before or since!

I've always enjoyed the scene where Joe Flynn gets pushed in the pool by Sammy The Way-Out Seal.

I totally agree on the story, they screwed that up big time. I think they realized that when they finally tried to redeem bringing Poch to London in a horrid sequel. I also liked the real story in which they had the hard time communicating - that was much more appealing, magic wind But it is for kids and fun, I didn't expect to see a documentary.
    The animation I would never call, horrible, but fails to compare, yes. Of course nothing is going to compare to Spirited Away or even what they did with Cinderella - as far as Disney goes.

It is too bad there wasn't a staggering drunk scene of JS in there in light of Mel's recent plight.

That also makes me think of the "sacrilege" they are doing to Lady and the Tramp. I have an Original Movie poster and everyone comments on how much they love the colors. That was the stupidest thing the could have done IMO.

BOT
    The Cinderella, "cindee rell ee" tune with the mice.

Pochohantas
    Percy (the Pugg) and Meeko (raccoon) getting stuck in the same log

When Percy sees the Mother Willow talk.

Percy eating cherries on the ship and Meeko steels them - pours them into his mouth.

Mulan
    Mulan was probably one of my favorite opening credits of movies.

Mushu pretending to be the Great Stone Dragon as a silhouette and walks out from behind the rock, and Kahn (the Horse) tries trampling him, then Mulan questions why the great ancestors would send a lizard to help her.

After the avalanche starts falling and Mushu is riding a shield along the snow and sticks his hand in to pull out Creekee and says "you are one luck bug"

The emperor saying, "you don't meet a girl like that every dynasty."

Beauty and the Beast
    When Coggsworth and Lumier are "dressing" up Beast - he has the curls and bows and then smiles.

When she first goes into the west wing.

When Gaston Falls

Lefu waiting in the same spot out side Belle's dads house until he is covered in snow like a snowman.

The feather duster telling Lumier "I have been burnt by you before."

The best combo of music and animation since Fantasia is for Be Our Guest!

Toy Story
    The scene in where Buzz proves he can fly. Then Woody says, " that wasn't flying, it was falling with style."

The "reconacince relay" as Andy was opening his presents - even thought the baby monitor would not have worked as communication.

Where Wood opens Buzz's helmet and he say something like "how dare you open a space rangers helmet on an uncharted planet."

Snow Dogs, where Cuba's character (Ted?) acutely bites the dog on the ear.

When the dogs are eating the house.

When Thunder Jack tells (convences) Ted he is his Dad when they are in the cave, and talks about his Mom.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-15-2006 at 05:50 PM.

not to be picky or anything, but Pug only has one g lol

I love everything about Pixar's Toy Story... GREAT film... I don't think there's a single weak character in the entire film... Love Mr. Potato Head and Hammy...

"Hey look! I'm a Picasso!"
    "Yeah I don't get it..."
    "You uncultured swine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    not to be picky or anything, but Pug only has one g lol
    I was giving them extra credit, cause they're sooo cute. J/K It didn't even dawn on me to think about it, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I love everything about Pixar's Toy Story...
    ...not to be picky or anything, but Disney "owns" Toy Strory, Pixar created it at their studios, kinda like a contractor. Same with Nemo. And now Steve has had his way, Pixar is a Disney owned (well stock merge or something like that, 2 - 1) company since May of this year - rather than contracting. Their films that were not contracted are only short films, CARS was the last film to be under this "contract umbrella" - started before the acquisition.

I hope that just came across as info rather than nitpicky

One of My favorite character in the Movie was Sids Car that had arms for wheels, for some reason that thing just cracked me up

"Everyone got their Moving Buddy?"
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 08-17-2006 at 11:36 AM.

yes BUT Disney still calls the films "Pixar's" which they should (actually I think they call them Disney-Pixar's ______ )

and Disney also forced Pixar to renew their contract by threatening to make their own sequels to the Pixar films they own... quite the sneaky company they are...

Rex: "I'm trying for fearless predator, but I think I'm just coming off as annoying!"

hee hee....

you can meet the Toy Story gang (plus some from TS 2) at MGM Studios at Walt Disney World... I didn't get a chance to meet Woody and Buzz but I got my picture taken with one of the green army men... it was way cool lol