Thread: Jessica Dube Injured

Custom Title

Jessica Dube Injured

At the Quebec summer competition, Jessica Dube fell during a lift and broke her elbow. She and Bryce Davison are scheduled for Skate America and Skate Canada, but there has been no news as to whether she will be ready to compete.

I was very sorry to learn of this news. I just love this team! Best wishes to Jessica for a speedy & full recovery.

Yikes, the possibiliity of yet another couple not showing up for Skate America (D&V concelled all their GPs),

I was so keen on seeing D&D again and look for their progress but these things happen. I wish them the best and Dube's fast recovery.

Joe

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Oh no!!!!! This team is just getting off to a beautiful start. I hope the break was not too bad and Jessica will soon be on the mend. Canadian pair skaters are tough, I have seen many of them - especially the ladies skate with injuries that would sideline the rest of us. Go Jessica!!! Think of Doug Ladret and Christine Hough - "Toughy" for inspiration:

http://www.skate.org/h+l/

An update on Jessica:

I found this link at FSU. It's in French and says that Jessica had knee surgery on Tuesday in a Toronto hospital. There's a chance that she may be off the ice for a month or two which means she & Bryce would have to skip some GP events. Jessica will know more about her condition on October 4, and the team hopes to be able to compete at the Canadian Nationals in January. .

http://www.expressparole.com/article...a-Toronto.html

What a tough break for the team of Dube & Davison They were so impressive at last season's Skate America and beyond. May she recover fully and speedily from all of this!
    Last edited by iluvtodd; 09-28-2006 at 05:30 AM.

Knee surgery - Horrors!!! I like this team very much and hopefully the surgery is minor.

Joe

Go NJ Devils
    I hope she has a complete recovery and gives herself time to heal.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Oh no!!! It sounds like team Canada is not getting off to a good start - two skaters now with injuries. The season is just beginning! I hope Jessica will recover soon. I just love her and her partner.