Jessica Dube Injured | Golden Skate

Jessica Dube Injured

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At the Quebec summer competition, Jessica Dube fell during a lift and broke her elbow. She and Bryce Davison are scheduled for Skate America and Skate Canada, but there has been no news as to whether she will be ready to compete.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was very sorry to learn of this news. :cry: I just love this team! Best wishes to Jessica for a speedy & full recovery.

Yikes, the possibiliity of yet another couple not showing up for Skate America (D&V concelled all their GPs),

I was so keen on seeing D&D again and look for their progress but these things happen. I wish them the best and Dube's fast recovery.

Joe

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh no!!!!! This team is just getting off to a beautiful start. I hope the break was not too bad and Jessica will soon be on the mend. Canadian pair skaters are tough, I have seen many of them - especially the ladies skate with injuries that would sideline the rest of us. Go Jessica!!! Think of Doug Ladret and Christine Hough - "Toughy" for inspiration:

http://www.skate.org/h+l/

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
An update on Jessica:

I found this link at FSU. It's in French and says that Jessica had knee surgery on Tuesday in a Toronto hospital. There's a chance that she may be off the ice for a month or two which means she & Bryce would have to skip some GP events. Jessica will know more about her condition on October 4, and the team hopes to be able to compete at the Canadian Nationals in January. .

http://www.expressparole.com/article-38939-Jessica-Dube-operee-durgence-a-Toronto.html

What a tough break for the team of Dube & Davison :cry: They were so impressive at last season's Skate America and beyond. May she recover fully and speedily from all of this!

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh no!!! It sounds like team Canada is not getting off to a good start - two skaters now with injuries. The season is just beginning! I hope Jessica will recover soon. I just love her and her partner.