Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Czisny wins DuPage Open with sizzling SP

Alissa has the talent, IMO more so than Kimmie, Taylor or Hughes to be a standout star but we all know it also takes mental toughness. I hope that
    she finds that toughness otherwise ........

Medalist
    I agree that Alissa has a lot of talent. She has difficult and fast spins and nice spirals. She's flexible and has nice style. That being said, her jump technique needs to be cleaned up, and she needs to be more consistent and rise to the occasion. The latter will be helped once she gets more experience -I'm just worried about her jump technique. Working on jump technique is no easy task, and usually takes time.

Down With It
    Is Alyssa planning to go back to college this fall? If so that could mean splitting time in half and us college students know how demanding a full semester can be.

Custom Title
    From what I know, Alissa is very serious about her education and her official site says she is a full-time college student at Bowling Green State University in Ohio (I believe she's on a full scholarship which may require full-time attendance?).

Down With It
    ah. I don't think she could possibly have time then to really become a top-level skater. But as long as she's happy where she is, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    ah. I don't think she could possibly have time then to really become a top-level skater. But as long as she's happy where she is, that's fine.
    I agree. Unfortunately I think carrying a full time school schedule will limit the training time she needs to address her problems like consistency and jumps.

Down With It
    That said, the fact she is able to get where she is now even while attending school/college full time is very impressive.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I mentioned what it *may* be in the FSU link.
    Thank you very much!

Wouldn't ot be great of Alyssa could swing both the competitions and the schoolwork?

Hasn't she gone to some big name coaches and got David Wilson to choreograph for her. That's taking skating seriously. Maybe her schoolwork will suffer.

Joe

Custom Title
    IIRC, she didn't switch coaches, but attended a seminar or camp by Ilia Kulik who worked with her on her jumps. I would love to see Alissa have a strong year. I find her to be the best spinner among US ladies since...maybe forever! I think she's more flexible than Sasha, and that may be part of her issue on jumps, combined with no so great technique and lack of nerves. I think she's shows a lot of personality and is very charismatic. I find her style and presence on the ice more appealing than Kimmie, Katie or Emily. I'd prefer Bebe to Alissa...if only Bebe could be more consistent...

Wasn't Alissa training a 3flip/3toe for a while? I don't know if she had any consistency with it, but I guess that's why her SP layout was 3lz, 3flip/2toe and 2a.

Custom Title
    I hope this season is much better for her. She was the most accomplished US lady on the GP scene last season.It was horrible watching her fall apart at Nationals. I was also at SA and SC, and she was amazing at both. She got alot of well deserved buzz, but couldn't hold on for the hype.

She has the best spirals and spins of the US ladies (JMO, of course) If she could only keep it together though!

Down With It
    I actually expected her to fall apart at Nats but I wish her the best with college/skating this season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3