Rosters are up ! | Golden Skate

Rosters are up !

Nigel

On the Ice
Joesitz:
Unless you have a camera crew heading off to Mexico City ;) , I doubt we will see this event. But, we will be on pins and needles waiting to hear how it all goes.

N@d&A

Rinkside
This may well be the most talked about JGP with Flatt v. Zhang.

Is there anyway we can see it?

Joe

Sorry about the ignorance but can you explain me what´s all this big deal with this two girls?, I´m from Mexico and I will see the competition

Nigel

On the Ice
Sorry about the ignorance but can you explain me what´s all this big deal with this two girls?, I´m from Mexico and I will see the competition

Flatt has proven to be a very consistent developing skater and from another website posting, Rachael Flatt just won the Cup of Colorado event this weekend with an impressive outing. She won the SP with a total point score of 59.36 with
3Lz-3T combo and her FS win was with a score of 104.23, with seven triples landed in her program, including 3S, 3Lz-3T, 3F, 3Lp, 3F-2T-2Lp, 1A tap toe 2A sequence, and 3Lz. Not too shabby for a kid who turned 14 at the end of July according to her USFSA profile.

Caroline Zhang, who is 13, has quite an impressive array of spin positions and spirals with grace, flexibility and style, although her jumps have yet to be as consistent as Flatt's. She will be competing at the Golden West event over Labor Day.

That is why we all are anxious to see these two skate together. They competed together as youngsters (okay, as elementary school students) in southern California before Flatt moved to Colorado.
:cool:

I hope you will post a report!

There is quite a buzz about both Rachael Flatt and Caroline Zhnag in the U.S. this year. They are both 13 turning 14. Rachael recently tested for Seniors, although she will still compete in the junion Grand Prix this year.

She has won two competitions alread this year. At the Liberty Open in July she wowed the audience by doing 3S, 3Lz+2T, 3F, 3Lo, 3F+2T+2L, 2A+2A seq, and 3Lz.

Caroline Zhang already shows signs of having exceptional presentation skills, to go along with solid technique. People are comparing her to Sasha Cohen at this stage of her development.

So everyone is excited to see how it all works out. We'll see.

Mathman :)

Ben

Rinkside
I'm going too! What's the political atmosphere in Mexico City these days? Are the demonstrations over?

Ben - Be sure to let us know your impressions of the American girls in Mexico City JPG not so much their placements but are they senior competitive in your opinion.

Also anyone, What is the Goden West event?

Joe