When you realized you were "old" | Golden Skate

When you realized you were "old"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
OLD is the relative term here.

For example I realized today when I was at my friend's memorial service and most of my friends I haven't seen in years were saying, "when you get to be our age..." and their 2 kids are running around at 4 and 5....

As well I can remember when I turned 13 and said, "I am older now and need to start a riding 10 speeds."

Something in your memory?

Erica Lee

Rinkside
I'm not 'old' by any means, but definitely have those 'moments' now and again when I feel like it!

- When the kids I taught to skate in preschool are now seniors... :eek:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I'm 24, but alot of the kids in children's church are 18, now, and I was 15 when I was a helper! It weirds me out, sometimes.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
When I started hearing music I liked on the classic rock station.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That is so true. I hear music my parents would complain about on the station they listen to now. Of all things the radio satiation is called KOSI (cosy).:cool:

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
when I realized that all of the Miss Usa contestants were younger than me....

When my youngest cousin started college. She is 12 1/2 years younger than me and she turned 5 the year I started college. It helped when we all remembered that she skipped a year in school. LOL! She's now been married for 6 years and had their 1st child last December.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
At age 26 I began to fear turning 30 because I'd always tho't that anyone 30 or beyond was OLD!

Blue Bead

Medalist
When cashiers start asking if you have your Golden Age discount card with you, LOL.

I'm not quite old enough to qualify for one, but due to the amount of gray in my hair they invariably ask for it.

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
I'm not even close to old yet(I'm gonna turn 16 in 2 weeks), but during the free time in Learn to Skate, they play these 90's stations. I was telling one of my student that I remembered when this song came out, "All Star," Smash Mouth, and it occured to me that this girl wasn't even alive when the song was released! :rofl: AAAAAHHH!!!

Having a grand-niece maybe? or maybe the second one?

(You really don't have to be THAT old to have one...)

I could go on and on....:yes:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I get to teach children of students I had taught in elementary school. Over all, though, working with elementary kids helps me stay younger in my outlook on things.

Buzzz

Final Flight
You know you are old because....

The baby sister you once carried in your arms to the sitter is now twenty something with a "you're old so you don't know anything" attitude. :scowl:

... you can remember a time when Micheal Jackson was still black. ( I was a HUUUGE fan during high school!) :frown:

You can still remember the bright red uniforms the USSR always showed up in during the summer games.

I can vaguely remember the speech Dr. Eric Willaims (father of Trinidad's independance) gave when we (T&T) became a republic in 1976.

I remember when my mom had four kids not five. (the last one is mentioned above as being in her early 20s) :eek:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
When Prince turned 40

when I had to explain the cultural significance of Madonna to my nephew... who said she was an old lady...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
When I could no longer thread a needle without using a magnifying glass! Also when I could no longer read the small print (ISBN numbers) on books I was putting through on the cash register!!

:biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know I'm not old... and I can't wait to be "30, flirty, and thriving" lol

but I was told the other day by my kindergarten girls class that I am "very old" and I better get married soon so I can have kids, because I can't wait around forever

*sigh* and here I thought 80 was old ;)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
When the daughter of someone I know asked if it was true that Paul McCartney used to be in a band before "Wings" !!! :rock: :laugh: :biggrin: :chorus:

Actually, I don't feel old at all (I'm 45)--except for occasional lapses. Never been in better shape in my life, never felt better (for the most part). My 12 year old daughter--an athlete--and I can wear a lot of each other's clothes (I had a lot of health challenges this year and lost 50 lbs.) I simply decided that age is an attitude. When I see people in their 70s riding bicycles, people in their 50s surfing, I am totally inspired. I want to be one of those people. :agree: :cool: I see women in their 30s with "old" attitudes and demeanors, and it scares me. It's like they've given up on themselves. I pray to God every single day for good health and the ability to maintain it to the best of my abilities.

Last edited: