Sasha and Evan at Sun Valley???` | Golden Skate

Sasha and Evan at Sun Valley???`

MKFSfan

Medalist
Has there been any reports of Sasha and Evan skating at Sun Valley? Last 2 years, there were no reports on Sasha at all. Hopefully someone will attend and post!

MKFSfan

Medalist
It's just an exhibition. I believe this was Evan's 1st year participating. The last time I remember hearing a detailed report on Sasha's skate was the summer of 2003 when she debuted her SP to Malaguena.

R.D.

Record Breaker
this is probably what you're looking for. It's some kind of blog (taken from sashafans). Here's the relevant part of the post (the rest is just mindless gushing, if what's below isn't bad enough):

Fast forward to last night’s performance at the Sun Valley Ice Rink. My youngest daughter Katie (6) is a “Tiki Bird” in the popular kids number. Being a “skate parent” I have been to almost every show the last two years. No skater has brought the house down like Sasha did last night. Her enthusiasm was electric! No skater has received the thunderous applause like she was given in her two performances. Sasha ended the show by skating to “God Bless America”. You could have heard a pin drop and I am not sure if there was a dry eye in the house.

For some reason this year some of the top skaters have opted to not participate in the Sun Valley tradition of greeting the fans after the show. Not Sasha. She signed autographs for everyone young and old and no one was denied a picture.

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Everyone is entitled to some gushing once in a while! I disagree on the author's assessment on Sasha's Turin skate, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I felt the same way following Michelle's SLC LP, but I know/have heard countless of people/posters feel the same way I feel about Sasha's Turin LP, so to each their own! ;)

I'm sure many would love to see more Big Names at this show, they still got Evan, Sasha and Alexie, that is pretty amazing. I know Michelle was there earlier in her career. I've heard she can't be invited any longer due to security measures and small viewing areas, so I'm surprised Sasha can. I wonder what her 1st number was? I'm guessing DROMP???

What I do like to see is that Sasha was gracious enough to sign autpgraphs, pose for photos, but really, what US skater has not been known to accomodate many fans? I think we are blessed in this sport not to have the typical athlete that is too good for the fans, but that's JMO.

R.D.

Record Breaker
What I do like to see is that Sasha was gracious enough to sign autpgraphs, pose for photos, but really, what US skater has not been known to accomodate many fans? I think we are blessed in this sport not to have the typical athlete that is too good for the fans, but that's JMO.

It's the ensuing War that will occur if a skater is ever so bold as to blow off a few fans. It's OK to do in team sports, but no, that's a big no-no in skating.

R.D.

Record Breaker
One also has to wonder how much of that report above is true and how much is bias. It's clearer than water that this writer is a SashaFanatic.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I'm sure many would love to see more Big Names at this show, they still got Evan, Sasha and Alexie, that is pretty amazing. .

You are forgetting Ilia Kulik who got a fantastic review written by Coleen Chase, Sun Valley Figure Skating Club:

"Olympic gold medalist wows the Sun Valley crowd"
http://www.sunvalleyonline.com/news/article.asp?ID_Article=2284

I believe that every skater is doing that in Sun Valley show. About Ilia it was mentioned in the review:

"After the ice show, Kulik came out and met with the audience. He was one of the last skaters to leave the ice, patiently signing autographs and taking pictures with admiring and grateful fans."