You want to Judge? - "sorta" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

You want to Judge? - "sorta"

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Should we have two separate threads, one to discuss the skating and a separate one to discuss whatever format innovations SeaniBu is trying to show us that I can't see? I can discuss the level features that I would or wouldn't give credit for in that performance, and other posters can argue with me if you disagree.
What you have on Video and that which is on my vid are going to be the same if not similar. The dif is that I have a boarder on the left and bottom for the score and element designation to be placed - and I did not cut anything off of the original broadcast on NBC. MOF, my settings are half the resolution "size" of what would have been taped on VHS. So viewing the tape is even better then what I made available.

The vids you have of Fumie's SP will suffice perfectly except for the fact that it is not live and you are at the arena in the Judges booth.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
So how exactly are we doing this. We basically just list you off our GOES for her elements and our PCS scores for her?

Yes Basically. I really would love to know and I think it might be interesting when I finish (posting them) so wee all can see. I will do the other "3" too.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
as an example, and there didn't really seem to be much for the judges to do. Every element is OK to pretty good. If you just gave 0 GOE across the board, that would be quite appropriate (and would match the opinions of the actual judges just fine).

Similarly, if you just gave a blanket 7.25 for PCSs, that would be right in line with what everyone else thought.

Pretty good I believe should receive a +1 and "pillow landings!" come on, those landings are soooo soft, I believe better then Shi-chans's IMO I guess.

The Music mix was not impressive IMO, the fact that she kept the beat in 80% of that was more impressive due to the fact no one else had such defined "beats" in their music. She really kept the beat very well considering the music edit. That maybe the prob, but she felt that one "right on" as much as possible to me. But yes that is one reason I used my "dream test Baby" for this informative exercise.

Don't let that bias "skew" your own personal judgment.;)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I don't know about the sound mix for that video you gave us. The "clicks" are not nearly as accented in every other video of her performance that I've seen.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I don't know about the sound mix for that video you gave us. The "clicks" are not nearly as accented in every other video of her performance that I've seen.

?
I have no Idea what you are saying, sorry. That is the songs, and everything is used as the songs that are available. The snapping and clapping in the music I do hear is in this pro - as well as the dropped beats and time sig change. Every edit is "rounded on a 1 - 2 second splice. But if you are noting how this seems to be different then the other music edits of LN and FS's pros, I say that is true. This one particularly seems a little less than Fumie, Lori or Oly worthy.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
In the version you're showing us the clicking noises drown out the music...there is something wrong with the mix I think. This is how it sounded live on TV:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=to8U3dRL-kM

I am not hearing anything but the music. ? The "snapping and clapping" in the music is much more audible without the crowed or arena to drown and wash the treble out. I was surprised at what I didn't hear in the pro from the televised performance.

I had Cancion Triste but not Toca Orilla (the second song) and was surprised - and with the fact there is a lot of vocal in Toca Orilla. So if you are referring to the "castanetts" sounds, they are quite prevalent in the song when just hearing the song.

But there also might be something wrong with the download, some members are reporting issues with my videos that I am not experiencing. So I guess I still don't know for sure what you are referring to.

I also don't know if they sequestered Jesse Cook to send a version with out the castanets, but I doubt it. But nothing is impossible for Fumie and Lori, I would imagine, if Jesse had the tracks and could rerun the song with out he might have, I don't know.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I have some things I need to change about this whole approach. Would like it to be more fun. So I am basically going to learn from what has been posted - THANKS EVERYONE - and let this thread die and try a different approach.

Thanks for the YouTube link, I despise their "ethics" right now so I am not searching there. But for future I 'spose that is a good place to direct people if they don't have the pro or can't download what I try to give them. My biggest regret is that the video quality is so pour there.