Jeff Buttle's "Fix You" Program | Golden Skate

Jeff Buttle's "Fix You" Program

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just love watching Jeff skate to Coldplays "Fix You." I've been rewatching it on Youtube and everytime I see this program it moves me. I also listen to the song on my MP3 player and visualise Jeff skating to it. I love the way he interprets the music. He captures the essence of the lyrics and music and skates with such feeling. It's just a thing of beauty. I could watch Jeff skate all day.

:love:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I feel even gayer than usual every single time I watch Jeff skate. It's like his boots transform the ice into fairy dust that floats right through the cameras and into my eyes. His short program this year has got to be the most flamboyant thing ever on competitive ice.

But, yeah, he's pretty good....

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Noooo! I haven't seen Jeff's "Fix You", but as I LOVE both the song and Jeff's skating, I'll be checking that out asap!

Thanks for the tip off, and yes, I agree, even though Jeff fell on his SP at Torino, it was still the most charming performance!

:clap:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Noooo! I haven't seen Jeff's "Fix You", but as I LOVE both the song and Jeff's skating, I'll be checking that out asap!

Thanks for the tip off, and yes, I agree, even though Jeff fell on his SP at Torino, it was still the most charming performance!

:clap:

Do check it out. He has a couple of not so perfect moments in this program, but this was done right after he won the Canadian Championships last season so we will forgive him. Probably was out celebrating the night before! It's still thrilling to watch. I believe also Jeff choreographed this one himself.

antmanb

Record Breaker
While i love Jeff's skating i really, REALLY can't stand the whinge-a-thon that is coldplay so i think i'd struggle with this programme.

Ant

Ladskater

Record Breaker
While i love Jeff's skating i really, REALLY can't stand the whinge-a-thon that is coldplay so i think i'd struggle with this programme.

Ant

???? Whinge-a-thon? Explain. Coldplay is one of the best groups to come along in years.

You're right, Ladskater - it's a beautiful program and the first time I've really REALLY liked Buttle. I think the "tough," blue-jeans look also cuts nicely against his elegant style. Thanks for mentioning it!

antmanb

Record Breaker
???? Whinge-a-thon? Explain. Coldplay is one of the best groups to come along in years.

At the best of times i'm not a fan of guitar music so that's probably the first stumbling block for me but Coldplay, to me, are the same durge of moaning over the same sounding songs that have come out of the UK for the last 10 years. The British market is saturated with it and i think all their songs sound the same and send me to sleep...and his "vocal talent" is just non existant a whimpering in pain child makes nicer sounds than that man!!

Ant

Jasper

Final Flight
I have the Fix You program on my computer from when he performed it at the 2006 Nationals Gala. Just gorgeous, he interprets every note so well. The commentators said he just choreographed the moves the day he performed it, but he had been visualizing his skate to that particular song for a while.

I love how Jeff can choreograph his own stuff and that he's always performing new exho stuff, because it shows that he has real love and passion for his skating and he's certainly not a robot!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Absolutely loved it! :clap: That track so lends itself to skating moves doesn't it, and Jeff intepreted it beautifully. He never skates through the music, like some, but always to the music, highlighting all the nuances........ His hair is adorable too, I could just run my fingers through it! :love:
[I should be so lucky!] :laugh:

[Sigh] Now that Matt Savoie's retired from eligible, thank Heavens Jeff's staying.
:bow:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
At the best of times i'm not a fan of guitar music so that's probably the first stumbling block for me but Coldplay, to me, are the same durge of moaning over the same sounding songs that have come out of the UK for the last 10 years. The British market is saturated with it and i think all their songs sound the same and send me to sleep...and his "vocal talent" is just non existant a whimpering in pain child makes nicer sounds than that man!!

Ant

What about their song "Clocks" that is strictly piano. It's an awesome song musically speaking and the first song I heard by this group that got me interested in them in the first place.

antmanb

Record Breaker
What about their song "Clocks" that is strictly piano. It's an awesome song musically speaking and the first song I heard by this group that got me interested in them in the first place.

I must say that i was quite quick to write the band off and have not listened to any albums of theirs...i go mostly off the singles that have been released and one of their sets at one of the UK festivals a couple of years ago. I haven't heard Clocks (not knowingly anyway!) but have struggled with other piano songs of theirs...i will however look this song up and listen to it to see how i feel about it, but it is mostly his vocals that grate...i have a similar problem with Radiohead, but i do actually like Radiohead's music - its the lead singers voice that i can't stand more than a couple of tracks of before i have to turn it off!

Ant