What became of the triple-triple? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What became of the triple-triple?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
There would have been a huge stink if the caller didn't give the benefit of the doubt to Shiz if she had done a 3-3-3 combo. With no one attempting such a combo, Shiz would have gotten some leniency on her "underrotation".
I don't see any evidence that the callers were giving anyone leniency, regardless of the crowd's reaction. Arakawa has been getting downgrades under CoP for two years now, and if anything, it would have been expected. I don't think the callers would have given Kostner the benefit of the doubt, if she attempted a 3/3/3 and underrotated it.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Arakawa was practicing 3/3s at the Olympics but not do one in her program. I was surprised and dissapointed she did not. She had already known Cohen had made two major errors probably so that might be why, but Irina was still to come and she still did not unleash all her artillery. Maybe she already know Irina was not physicaly up to lasting the long program though by that point, I dont know.

I think that it was a wise decision by Arakawa´s coach for her not to do triple-triples at the Olympic freeskate. She performed a faultless freeskate and because of that she did beat Cohen and put a huuuuge pressure on Slutskaya who was the last to skate.

Personally, I don´t know whether Arakawa aimed for silver or gold medal. Slutskaya had been rather strong the whole season and by performing a faultless freeskate Arakawa ensured at least a sure silver medal, because Cohen had already skated.

Last edited: