Skating with celebrities | Golden Skate

Skating with celebrities

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the first episode and was so disgusted that I never turned it on again.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I watched the first episode and was so disgusted that I never turned it on again.

I'm with Chuck... This show was PAINFUL to watch and yet, so much better than Kristie Y's show... I'm hoping that Lifetime has the Ice Princess show on again...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I watched until Kurt Browning was eliminated *is still pouting about that*

heyang

Record Breaker
I would only watch if there's nothing else of interest on. The advantage is to teams where the pro has pairs experience, especially if the pro is the male. Also, it's not 'fair' that some of the celebrities have more skating experience than others.

John and Jill had quite an advantage at the beginning. There was no way that Jenni and Todd B nor Tai and Bruce we're going to be in the finals.

But the good thing was, we got to see Tai skating again. :love: How about when her partner drove her too close to the boards and she had to step up on the walkway and back down. :laugh:

It was worth the price of admission (oh, that's right, it was free) just to see Tai interacting with her old coach John Nicks again. :agree:

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Something I would watch would be if they took just normal people who can barely stand up on skates and got them as fas as they can go within a certain time frame with a real skater.
Like 'Average Joe on Ice'.
Celebrities are fake and boring.
Yes, yes, I know, that's not how 'reality' shows work, they're all scripted, etc.......
Just a thought.......

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think this show should strictly be reserved for pair skaters. Kurt Browning - who is the most amazing guy on skates - did not fare well in this gig. Pair skaters - like Lloyed Eisler for example, naturally have the advantage over single skaters in this format. I didn't thik it was fair to expect single skaters to suddenly turn into pair skaters let alone matching them up with newbies on skates!!!

If the show never appears again, I won't miss it. There are enough of these talent shows on tv as it is.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I think this show should strictly be reserved for pair skaters. Kurt Browning - who is the most amazing guy on skates - did not fare well in this gig. Pair skaters - like Lloyed Eisler for example, naturally have the advantage over single skaters in this format. I didn't thik it was fair to expect single skaters to suddenly turn into pair skaters let alone matching them up with newbies on skates!!!

If the show never appears again, I won't miss it. There are enough of these talent shows on tv as it is.

I agree!!