Who will have a "break-through" year? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who will have a "break-through" year?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
.66 to miss and now they are gone.:cry:

That is a interesting thought Joe, At least Garrett wouldn't have to learn a new first name.

Any one hear about Katy O's cooking school endeavor? Wonder if she'll have a "bake" through year:laugh: in mezenplas (sp).

Last edited:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes, that is quite true. Although I have liked some sister and brother teams during the years, they have always lacked something that otherwise appears between a female and male ice dancer, what ever kind the programmes might have been. Maybe the appropriate words could be "lacking chemistry"?

I'd have to disagree with you there Jaana. ;)

I think, in the case of the Duchesnays, and the Kerrs, both have a different kind of energy to other couples, and both have charisma, and chemistry with the audience. It's fair to say that the Kerrs have brought a new, younger audience to Dance, who previously never watched it before, both in Europe and North America.

Right on La Rhumba. The Duchesnays were a super couple and would have won Dance easily after T&D retirement. But for some fans, sex is important in Dance and Pairs and Hotties in Singles. Forget the techniques.

Joe

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
.66 to miss and now they are gone.:cry:

That is a interesting thought Joe, At least Garrett wouldn't have to learn a new first name.

Any one hear about Katy O's cooking school endeavor? Wonder if she'll have a "bake" through year:laugh: in mezenplas (sp).

Mise en place: basically means 'everything in its place', though at cooking school it quickly becomes shorthand for 'have your s**t together before you start.' I'm curious to hear what she's doing with that, too. As a culinary-school grad myself, I'm kind of wondering where she decided to go, and whether or not the bloom is off the rose of professional cooking yet....

And count me as another who's just not all that into the brother-sister teams in dance. I don't think it matters as much in pairs, but with dance coming from the borderline-mating-ritual principle of ballroom, it's a little different. Or maybe I'm just not overly excited by the Kerrs, and I never did get the Duschenays.

Bradya-Jane

Rinkside
I am not sure. One I would have picked is Dube and Davison except for Jessicsa's recent injury. Another I might have picked is Faiella and Scalli who I think are due for a move in the international ranks perhaps. Kim since she has not yet appeared as a senior, and obviously could do extremely well. Among the men Oda might have a big year and made the World podium, which would not really suprise anybody, but would still be a first time medal at Worlds.

I' m sorry but I wasn't aware of this... How recent is Dube's injury and are they missing important practice time because of it?

Bradya

sk8addict

On the Ice
Nick LaRoche, imo, is another underrated skater with the judges.

Is Jennifer still around? She's another underrated skater.

Joe

Yes, She has been in LA training & coaching. Tiffany Chin is her new coach.She is the current Chinese Taipei Champion & leaves soon fo China to compete there before the TaipeiChampionships. She should be at worlds this year after having to sit out last year.
Nick Laroche has a new coach and training center in LA. He was put on the team envelope in late August & will compete for the US the first week in October.