Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which skaters could be around for 2 more Olympics?

Banned

Which skaters could be around for 2 more Olympics?

Any current skaters are teams you believe that could be around for 2 more Olympics?

Here are some of mine:

Ladies-Asada, Kim, Meissner, Czisny
    Men-Oda, Kozuka, Mura(Japan will have 3 spots by then I think), Chan, Reynolds
    Pairs-Dube/Davison, Zhang/Zhang, Mukhortova/Trankov
    Dance-Moir/Virtue, Mathews/Zazovin

Definitly Michelle and Sasha. They do like to compete.

Joe

Belbin & Agosto

Custom Title
    More than TWO more Olympics? Wow, that's a tough task, even for younglings like Meissner and Asada. I can see them competing in two more, but probably not three. It's so hard to predict!

Most likely it'd be ice dance teams. I agree about Belbin/Agosto.

Down With It
    Meissner, definitely. She's still young.

Asada missed this olympics only because of the age rule. If she can keep up her difficulty of skating up, definitely see her in two more OG's.

Czisny hasn't even been to one and I'm not sure whether she'll even be around in skating to compete for 2010 and especially 2014.

Tripping on the Podium
    How old are Nam/Leftheris? Could they realistically make it to both 2010 and 2014?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    More than TWO more Olympics? Wow, that's a tough task, even for younglings like Meissner and Asada. I can see them competing in two more, but probably not three. It's so hard to predict!

Most likely it'd be ice dance teams. I agree about Belbin/Agosto.
    I meant two more Olympics only, the more I accidently typed twice. Mathman, if you can please change that to only two more Olympics not, more two more Olympics.

fixed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    fixed

thanks.

Custom Title
    Kim- if she stays healthy and avoids a nervous breakdown because she doesn't rely on jumping. Yet she is solid.

I think the current newbies definitely for 2010 but I do not expect to see many of the newbies from 2010 at the Olympics in 2014. Eight years is a long time for a skater to stay on top not impossible but highly unlikely . I expect that the Olympic skaters of 2014 are not even on the scene yet.

Custom Title
    Davis/White should still be around. She is 19 and he is 18. They would be 27 and 26, not old at all in ice dance.

Some of the "leading ladies" for 2014 might be about 13 or 14 now. Think Carolyn Zhang and Rachael Flatt. I am not sure Mao Asada will still be around. She might be having severe physical problems by then, if not sooner.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Davis/White should still be around. She is 19 and he is 18. They would be 27 and 26, not old at all in ice dance.

Some of the "leading ladies" for 2014 might be about 13 or 14 now. Think Carolyn Zhang and Rachael Flatt. I am not sure Mao Asada will still be around. She might be having severe physical problems by then, if not sooner.
    Actually ice dancers often compete into their early 30s, so in theory Davis/White and Belbin/Agosto could be around for 3 Olympics each(Belbin/Agosto that would 2 more of course, having already had 1). Probably though will for only 2 though since the motivation to keep going after being in so long, and commiting so much of your life to training and competition so long would take its toll, if the physical aspect of being at the top level that long didnt also.

Do you think Asada has similar chances as whatever Meissner and Kim have to be around that long(however low that might be)or do you think Meissner and/or
    Kim have a greater chance then Asada to stay in that long?

Custom Title
    I tend to think the loop jump as well as the repeated quad attempts will eventually impact Asada's hips. Mao does not do toe loops or salchows. All her combinations are done with loops, and that jump is particularly hard on the hip.

Kim and Meissner do not emphasize the loop the way Mao does and they are not working on quads. I see them as having greater longevity than Mao.

Creative Compilation Compiler aka 3axel
    I think Mao will loose some of her jumping ability as her body matures and she fills out.

Kimmie, Yu-Na, and Katy will last much longer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast