Matrix interchangeable Blades

• Recommend, have benefits.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Silly Idea, I would never use them.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I have be "ogling" these since I learned of the Hinged skate and wonder what anyone might think or have had any experience.?????

http://www.matrixblade.info/web/matrix/bladesystem/bladesystem.html

I think if they start anodizing in different colors (like Blue or orange) I will just have to get them for the "cool" factor.:laugh: :cool:

But with my knee and lower back starting to feel funny I am looking at the Hinged boot with a lot of hope and I wonder if I should look at this for a blade solution too. ?? I think Double stars are beyond what I will need now anyway, and still in good shape (maybe I could sell them), so I just want to see if anyone likes the idea or it is "gimmicky."

And do the Jacksons have a similar fit to the Riedells?

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
From what I hear, Jacksons are better for a wider foot, while Reidell's tend to be more narrow. As for anything beyond that, I don't know. What I do know is that I am in Reidell's and I am in absolute AGONY. My coach is urging me to try out Jacksons.

The interchangeable blades sound like a good idea if you really can't bear to give up your skates for more than a day or two to have them sharpened, you can just switch off betwen the two. Or maybe if you are going out of town for skating and you don't trust anyone else to sharpen your blades, you can bring along the extra pair that has already been sharpened by your sharpener. Beyond that, I don't really see any benefit to having them. I don't think that they have any effect on injuries.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks, that makes me wonder if there are going to be issues with sharpening? I never thought of it. :agree: See why GS is so cool!

The injury thing was based on the hinged boot and I was thinking I could replace the Bushings with Titanium or chrom-molly for a softer impact and just replace bushings allot.

I like the idea of having a pristine pair handy and a ragged pair for screwing around.

I

IcyBallerina

I think that the idea is pretty gimmicky unless:
a) your favorite sharpener lives far enough away that you have to mail your skates and miss several days of skating...
b) you participate in more than one discipline and want to switch between dance/FS/synchro blades. Even then, there's no reason that you can't do synchro or dance in a freestyle blade. I know I would hate changing my blades between practices every day.