Thread: Question on replacements or substitutes

Question on replacements or substitutes

D and V have withdrawn from SA. Can another team replace them or is it only the country of withdrawal that can utilize the empty space?

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    D and V have withdrawn from SA. Can another team replace them or is it only the country of withdrawal that can utilize the empty space?
    Drobiazko/Vanagas have already been replaced at Skate America by the ISU -- with the Israeli brother and sister dance team of Zaretski/Zaretski. See pages 10-11 of the 2006-07 Grand Prix Technical Announcement for the section (7.6) on Replacements:
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/...-0-file,00.pdf

Go NJ Devils
    Many thanks, Sylvia! I had been looking for section paragraph, but couldn't find it, and it's obvious I skipped over it carelessly.

Since every skater/team in the top 24 seasonal best or ISU rankings who is planning to skate senior GP already has two spots, and every Jr. Worlds or GPF medallist who is skating seniors has at least one spot, by section 7.6, any replacements can be made from any skater or team who competed in one of the events used for top PB, since, by definition, competing once gives a personal best, and the PB needs to be in the top 75 or higher (LOL).

Sylvia; Hockeyfan - What I am looking for is whether a Federation defaults when a skater or team withdraws.

[I presume the said Federation could send a substitute. Is that correct?]

Also what is the criteria for the ISU to select a skater or team as a replacement.

Joe