Thread: Ginger Snaps

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Ginger Snaps

Inspired by seeing my first Halloween candy display of the year, I went crazy at Hastings and loaded up on horror movies, some good, some not so good.
    Best one of the bunch so far is without a doubt Ginger Snaps, in which two 'misfit' teenage girls are attacked by a werewolf, with rather, umh, hairy consequences........

This is NOT a comedy, and being a Canadian rather than American movie, does not pull many punches and does not mollycoddle the audience.
    Not for the faint or weak of stomach, lots of gore, but not gratuitously so, well acted, good special effects, and about as 'realistic' as a movie of this type can be.
    Belongs in the library of all horror- and werewolf- movie fans, I've ordered both the sequel and so-called 'prequel', if they're half as good as the first one, they're worth it.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I thought this was going to be a thread about cookies. I love ginger....

I also love Ginger (Rogers). Once I did a Google search for her and this movie came up. I had NO IDEA what it was.

Ah man.. not about cookies I was hoping too. Though maybe a new cookies recipe thread. Oh well. And thanks SS for the vision of Ginger Rogers, some of the prettiest legs ever IMO.

I have heard that movie is good and the sequel was worthy, but that is not first hand.

Anyone have a good recipe for Ginger Snaps? Hee Hee.

I tried out Paula Deen's recipe for ginger cookies from food tv's website. They were tasty and excellent with good vanilla ice cream.

Here's the link http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._31306,00.html

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Aw, I love Paula Deen! :D

I have used the recipe off the Brer Rabbit bottle. It's the one my mother in law used. Funny part. She had written down the recipe for me and when I made it it seemed kind of strange the way it came out. Then it occurred to me, there was no ginger in it. She had left out some of the ingredients. We had some good laughs over that.